• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

FA's Contract Trumps Captain's Authority Over Cabin JSer's?

k_EAT=ho_ME

Closet User...shhhh!
Total Time
~2300
A manager recently claimed that FA's at a certain major had a provision in their CBA limiting the number of otherwise approved Cabin Only JSer's that the Captain could authorize. Rationale was to limit the amount of extra non-rev work for the cabin crew. Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

I never personally experienced this over the year that I Cabin Only jumped with this particular airline.

I know some carriers limit the number of JSer's, even if there are seats available in back, but is this due to FA CBA's?

OffHot

Total Time
8000+
Maybe AirTran, unless you pay an extra $50 then your welcome...

Sig

Total Time
100%
k_EAT=ho_ME said:
Rationale was to limit the amount of extra non-rev work for the cabin crew.

Can she start #2, to limit the amount of non-announcement work for the flight deck crew?

fletch717

Total Time
where
It's not AirTran, And the additional jumpseat charge is 25$ not 50. We, the pilot group do not agree with the charge. I have not seen a gate agent charge a 2nd jumpseat fee in a while. I am a commuter, I would gladly pay 25$ for a seat on another airline.

OffHot

Total Time
8000+
Fletch717, you AirTran guys/gals are quick with your responses!

fletch717

Total Time
where
Slow day

k_EAT=ho_ME

Closet User...shhhh!
Total Time
~2300
fletch717 said:
It's not AirTran, And the additional jumpseat charge is 25$ not 50. We, the pilot group do not agree with the charge. I have not seen a gate agent charge a 2nd jumpseat fee in a while. I am a commuter, I would gladly pay 25$ for a seat on another airline.

I assume this is a company thing? Question is do FA CBA's have anything to say about jumpseaters riding in the back?

fletch717

Total Time
where
No, the FA's have absolutely no say who jumpseats on AirTran.