Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AirDingo

Howdy.

I'm long to lurking and new to posting here.

I'm getting out of the military in a few months, and have been running the apps for the fractionals and airlines.

Being a military guy, my knowledge of the FARs is not so clear and online 'help' doesn't do much for me. I've purchased my FAR/AIM, but as I suspected its not too intelligable.

Where can I find a good review and the things I really need to know? Much of the FARs are familiar, but the details will kill I'm sure.

Dingo

http://www.aviation-press.com/

Everything Explained for the Prof. pilot....

Its well...everything you need.

I have the book and it is just amazing how well covered everything is. I would think if you could cram 1/4 of that book in your brain you would ace most any interview.

And coming out of the military side of life it would be a great way to brush up on 91 and learn the 135 side of things.

Kinda pricey...but what isn't with the word airplane in it?
:(

Last edited:
i would also look at Gliem the red books, they are dry and boiled down to the essentials but that will work. For a more interesting read the is a book that i have seen that explains the more complicated rules using different for cases calles "FARs explain" or something close to that.

Keep in mind that having them 100% memorized is not necesary. Once you get to your carrier they will have an Op Spec and and a GOM that will allow them to deviate from the FARs and AIM. Some are more restrictive some less. So dont beat yourself but to much right now.

No other publication exists that has everything you need in one place, in an easy to read format, like this book.

"Everything Explained for the Professional Pilot" by Richie Lengel would be a bargain at twice the price.

Latest resources

Back