• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAPA President

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say let you reps know what you expect. I agree that SWA will buy F9. The question is when is the labor agreement going to be reached. Sooner then there is a good chance that we (SWA+F9) avoid any furloughs. Later and F9 guys are furloughed as the busses are retired. What you have to know is that the pilots of SWA will take care of SWA pilots. I cannot tell you where the line in the sand is, but we have and will further reduce line totals to keep people on property. This pilot group is not eager to throw our union brothers to the street. I look forward to working with the F9 and Lynx guys.

I would say let you reps know what you expect. I agree that SWA will buy F9. The question is when is the labor agreement going to be reached. Sooner then there is a good chance that we (SWA+F9) avoid any furloughs. Later and F9 guys are furloughed as the busses are retired. What you have to know is that the pilots of SWA will take care of SWA pilots. I cannot tell you where the line in the sand is, but we have and will further reduce line totals to keep people on property. This pilot group is not eager to throw our union brothers to the street. I look forward to working with the F9 and Lynx guys.

That could not have been said better. I can almost guarantee that SWA will not furlough. Gary does not want that on his legacy and the SWA pilots would agree to have the lines less than 87 trips to keep there brothers on the property. JMO

A simple staple will not be accepted, it would have to include furlough protection, longevity pay and at least a base protection for a predetermined time. The majority of the F9 Capt's think this deal is bad because they don't want to give up their left seat, while the F/O's would probably benefit more because of the pay increase, but not if they are in the unemployment line.:bomb:

Honest question,

If you guys think F9 brings so much to the table, why do you think there would be a furlough after an integration?

SWA said that 10 airbuses would go away on day 1, I believe. That would equal a furlough in my opinion.

I am not opposed to the staple job personally. I am already out of a job with no return in site so it doesn't not change my predicament in the short term.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like FAPA needs to poll the entire group. WE are not talking Rocket Science here.....nor is that group that large that it couldn't be done.

A simple staple will not be accepted, it would have to include furlough protection, longevity pay and at least a base protection for a predetermined time. The majority of the F9 Capt's think this deal is bad because they don't want to give up their left seat, while the F/O's would probably benefit more because of the pay increase, but not if they are in the unemployment line.:bomb:

That I do not think Gary would give that in writing unless SWAPA is willing to reduce line guarantee. The rest from what I understand,as of this afternoon, has been agreed upon w/ SWAPA. I truly wish you guys at F9 the best of luck.

SWA said that 10 airbuses would go away on day 1, I believe. That would equal a furlough in my opinion.

I am not opposed to the staple job personally. I am already out of a job with no return in site so it doesn't not change my predicament in the short term.

As opposed to the entire airline going away? As stated before, SW is giving F9 this. This fails and they will bury F9 in DEN. Don't think they have the money to do it?

Latest resources

Back