FAPA President

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

slaquer5

The FAPA President is willing to throw over 1/2 of the F9 guys under the bus so he can try and get his 8 years at F9 turned into 20 years at SWA. I come up with 1/2 = all the FOs and all the furloughed pilots. If I was a captain at F9 I might want this gamble ( probably not). If I was an FO or furloughed F9 pilot I would be seeking legal council . Your president is not looking out for the majority. JMO Once again good luck to all....

The FAPA President is representing his pilots and rightly unwilling to concede their contractual and legal right to a fair and equitable SLI process.

The FAPA President is willing to throw over 1/2 of the F9 guys under the bus so he can try and get his 8 years at F9 turned into 20 years at SWA. I come up with 1/2 = all the FOs and all the furloughed pilots. If I was a captain at F9 I might want this gamble ( probably not). If I was an FO or furloughed F9 pilot I would be seeking legal council . Your president is not looking out for the majority. JMO Once again good luck to all....

Just your opinion, of course. It is not like you are an uninterested bystander.

The FAPA President is representing his pilots and rightly unwilling to concede their contractual and legal right to a fair and equitable SLI process.

Thats true.
And now that he has some experience I'm sure he will get F9 a fabulous deal at RJet.

Just your opinion, of course. It is not like you are an uninterested bystander.

Only F9 guys can decide if their President is taking them down the correct path. If enough of the junior guys feel like it is them against the Captains then they need to do something and do it fast.

I guess you take the first offer a car salesman offers you at the car lot? No, you wait for a better deal. If they can't offer you a suitable deal, you move on. Gary Kelly offered a lot more money for F9 than Republic did, which means HE WANTS IT. He won't just throw it away thanks to SWAPA's arrogance. They are going to have to find something better than a staple.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Why do you think that F9 pilots would make less than they're making now at RAH? It's not in RAH pilots' long term interest for that to happen and it's not in F9 pilots' interest for that to happen either. They've been operating at a profit for the past number of months as has RAH for a long time and they're more than likely going to get a very fair integration, plus some sort of fence protection. Not only that, but it's pretty obvious that the RAH payscales on the pending contract are an entirely different thing than the current payscale. The aircraft and the situation are nothing like the past.

At SWA the bottom 20% get an immediate flush to the unemployment line. That doesn't pay the bills. The rest won't see CA for years and are furlough fodder for everyone else there. SWA was already in a massive hiring freeze for nearly the past year, so all this talk of rapid growth at SWA may or may not be a mirage.

The SWA route could be good, but it certainly has it's potential pitfalls.

Gary Kelly has got to be fuming right now. Good thing Herb retired a few years back because he would be smoking 3-4 cigs in each hand right about now...

Only F9 guys can decide if their President is taking them down the correct path. If enough of the junior guys feel like it is them against the Captains then they need to do something and do it fast.

I don't feel we are going down the right path. Were looking at an opportunity of a lifetime and letting it slip away to be owned by a Jonathan Orienstein "Mesa" type regional. I'm against Republic and so is everyone I talk with @ F9... So, where is this path coming from? Is it a bluff, playing chicken at our expense.

Tell me please, what can we do?

Latest resources

Back