Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATRedneck

Live to fly, fly to live
It's looking like my class date at CAL is going to be right when our first baby is due. (doesn't Murphy's Law suck?) I don't think that deferring my class will work because of how they're doing the transition of XJT pilots.

Anyway, I've looked over the CAL contract and it sounds like the FMLA provisions are pretty ironclad, but do you have to have finished training to get to use family leave? Or can I go through basic indoc and then bail for a month or two before I start type training?

Thanks.

lifeguard said:
I believe you have to be employed for 1 year {federal law} to qualify for FMLA.

Nothing about that in the CAL contract.

I'm looking for an answer from a CAL pilot who has used Family/Paternity Leave under the contract, or somebody with contractual knowledge who can answer the question.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Flechas said:
Congrats on your baby

Thanks A-Dog!

Can't speak for CAL, but at XJET, you have to be there for 1 year. It is a federal law as I understand it.

Doesn't matter if it is in the contract or not, FMLA is FMLA wherever you go..it is all the same. Check it out. Believe me I did. I had a baby
and researched it very thoroughly.

Congratulations on the baby! I hope they let you off for the VERY important event!

oh, no!

you mean you are starting to reproduce? god help us!!! next thing you know, there will be a little redneck speaking jive!!! congrats

can a brotha' get a phone call! d@mn!!!

ts

bugchaser said:
Hullabaloo, Canek, Canek

What sort of vile, putrid VooDoo incantation is that supposed to be? Trying to conjure up a win on November 25?

My baby's gonna bleed burnt orange like her Daddy.

Latest resources

Back