• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Free Labor

From Craigslist:

FUTURE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS? FAMILY AIRLINES NEEDS HELP -
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-10-08, 12:16PM PDT

FAMILY AIRLINES NEEDS ADMINISTRATIVE HELP. THE NEW LAS VEGAS STARTUP AIRLINE WILL OFFER DEEP DISCOUNT FARES COAST TO COAST ON 747’s beginning late summer or early Fall pending DOT & FAA approval. The airline IS NOW IN THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS AND NEEDS VOLUNTEERS TO HELP COMPLETE FAA MANUALS THERE IS NO TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE NECESSARY. If you have the ability to sustain yourself without a salary until the airline receives initial funding. This might be right for you and is certainly a ground floor opportunity for the right person. To learn more please drop by 6135 S Rainbow Blvd., Suite 100 or call Sherman at 702 253-1520 or email [email protected] and visit our website at: http://www.familyairlines.com

* Compensation: Full compensation upon DOT approval

Another gem found on Wiki:

In March 1993 the Federal Aviation Administration announces that it would no longer process Family Airlines's application to begin service.[1] In April 1993, after the United States Department of Transportation reviewed lawsuits and judgments against founder Barry Michaels, the agency asked Michaels to relinquish control of the proposed airline.[9] On April 27 Michaels agreed to relinquish control of the airline.[10] On June 24, 1996, the Securities and Exchange Commission filed a suit against Barry Michaels and his wife, Holly S. Michaels, for fraudulently offering unregistered stock for the airline. A federal judge in California ordered Barry and Holly Michaels to return $363,306 to the investors and pay $181,000 per person in civil penalties.[3][4][11]

Michael's own description of...himself...when he ran for congress:

I have what most would consider a “checkered past” and have paid the price several times over. I am a convicted white-collar offender (ex-felon) who spent fifteen months of a twenty-one month sentence at the minimum security Nellis Federal Prison Camp in North Las Vegas for security and tax violations that occurred in 1992.

Being convicted does not necessarily mean being guilty but long ago I decided I couldn’t win this battle so I “productively” served my time. Looking back I can honestly say; "I believe this sentence was payback time for prior business practices that were not always above board." I believe some were due in part to my lack of knowledge of the law. This is a part of my life that I'm not proud of but it is a part of my past and believe me, I've learned a very costly lesson from it. To prevent others from making the same mistake, I intend to propose that basic law classes (both criminal and business) be taught in our public school system.

During that time I was a constant visitor to the law library and began to help other inmates with their legal issues. I soon realized that the system wasn't perfect but I had a special love for the law that came from reading many Supreme Court case opinions. AS I did my research I listened to other inmates who constantly complained about the system and after having heard their complaints, I would often say; "if you don't like the law change it, but it's the law".

As a young adult I attended several New York colleges before graduating in 1969 from the Columbia Institute of Chiropractic where I earned the degree of Doctor of Chiropractic. Soon afterwards, I was admitted to practice in both Arizona and California.

While at Nellis I promised myself that upon my release, I would return to school and earn a law degree. After two unsuccessful admission attempts to the Boyd School of Law, I decided to enroll at UNLV where I earned BA in Political Science and a Masters in Public Administration.

After taking my first political science class I realized how important politics is, and how it effects our everyday life. I guess you might say; I began my political career in 2002 when I wrote and sponsored two Nevada Initiatives. The first would have provided more funds for K - 12 public education, while the second was to change a Nevada Statute to call for a presumption of shared parenting in issues of child custody.

For nearly forty years I've created and operated all types of business's, from manufacturing to advertising and in January of '04 I began to resurrect the vision I had more then ten years ago, to start a new generation of airlines. It would be a national airline with everyday low fares, high overall capacity and optional ala carte services. I learned a lesson from my previous attempt at starting this venture and hopefully next year “Family Airlines” will begin daily coast-to-coast service. As anyone can see I do not give up easily.

My goal in life today is entirely different than it was a decade ago. I believe I was once before given a second chance in terms of the most important things in life. On my birthday in 1974 I buried my eighteen-month-old son Erick, who had been the victim of a swimming pool accident, a tragedy that I will never forget and one that eventually led to my divorce from my first wife.

In 1989 I remarried and was lucky enough to witness the birth of my daughters, and although I was divorced in '98 I continue to play an active role in their everyday lives. For me, life is about setting a positive example not only for them but for others as well.

http://www.michaelsforcongress.com/about_me.htm

There is alot of effort in researching this outfit. Must meen there are a lot unemployed at this time! Do you think they are getting 500 resume's a week?

Is this going to be a Cargo airline or PAX? Just wondering why it is in the cargo section?

Last edited:
This outfit doesn't require much research; all the information is readily available.

Yes...a lot of people are out of work.

There was an ad on climbto350.com for this scam and I complained to them, I told them I was paying for access to the site so they should post real jobs, not this kind of junk.

Latest resources

Back