Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 7X - Who's Getting Em'? Impressions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buddy of mine was just hired as an instructor on the 7X at Simuflite. He said that very few details were overlooked in designing this airplane. From hearing him talk, it sounds like it will be an outstanding airplane from both the pilot & passenger standpoint. He said the first crew will start training in November for January deliveries. Didn't get names though.

volunteer said:
Buddy of mine was just hired as an instructor on the 7X at Simuflite. He said that very few details were overlooked in designing this airplane. From hearing him talk, it sounds like it will be an outstanding airplane from both the pilot & passenger standpoint. He said the first crew will start training in November for January deliveries. Didn't get names though.

As a new instructor hired to teach the 7X Im sure he talks it up!

I mean, he wouldnt dare say its a 7hr cabin (its a 900EX cabin) capable of going 12+ hours...

having sat through much hoopla with this 7X I can say Im think it will be a real pilots airplane....however I think it will be a passenger nightmare for those who will use it to its limits (toted as 6000nm)

Dassault seems to have the flying portion nailed but they have ZERO concept of pax comfort or service. The long range airplane customer is new to Dassualt...

time will tell...

Gulfstream 200 said:
As a new instructor hired to teach the 7X Im sure he talks it up!

I mean, he wouldnt dare say its a 7hr cabin (its a 900EX cabin) capable of going 12+ hours...

having sat through much hoopla with this 7X I can say Im think it will be a real pilots airplane....however I think it will be a passenger nightmare for those who will use it to its limits (toted as 6000nm)

Dassault seems to have the flying portion nailed but they have ZERO concept of pax comfort or service. The long range airplane customer is new to Dassualt...

time will tell...

What incentive would he have to "talk it up?" He is not a salesman. As far as I have seen you'd be a fool to buy one to use for max range anyway. I don't believe that is what they are targeting anyhow. It is known to everyone who is involved with this airplane that it is range limited.

volunteer said:
What incentive would he have to "talk it up?" He is not a salesman. As far as I have seen you'd be a fool to buy one to use for max range anyway. I don't believe that is what they are targeting anyhow. It is known to everyone who is involved with this airplane that it is range limited.

be a fool to buy it and use it to the max range? Yeah be silly to buy an airplane they guarantee NY-Dubai nonstop then stop everytime you tried to do it. Should have known....can I get my 32-40 mil back?

range limited? I guess most airplanes are, no?

what are they targeting? have you been to all their slaes promos? (M&O etc)You can 100% bet that is exactly what they are selling these as - 6000nm at mach .80 and most of the buyers I have met at the Dassault events are certainly counting on this (or very near) Its not going to be a domestic aircraft like most Falcons now. Only problem is it has almost no galley. 12-13 hr flights mean 3 meals...want a capable galley? gotta ditch the crew rest area...now how you going to do 13 hr flights? sleep in back with the boss? <blank stare from Dassault>

As Im sure you know from all the other Falcons this range claim is a huge step for Dassault - 731's flying at .73 to get max range simply wasn't cutting it.

again, time will tell...I hope it does all it claims - Im stuck with them!

Gulfstream 200 said:
Only problem is it has almost no galley. 12-13 hr flights mean 3 meals...want a capable galley? gotta ditch the crew rest area...now how you going to do 13 hr flights? sleep in back with the boss? <blank stare from Dassault>

As Im sure you know from all the other Falcons this range claim is a huge step for Dassault - 731's flying at .73 to get max range simply wasn't cutting it.

Are you sure we weren't separated at birth ??? We'd have a blast at NBAA together. I love giving aircraft sales people a hard time. Most of them haven't spent much time actually operating these things in the real world. Crew rest area ? Huh ??? :D

Gulfstream 200 said:
be a fool to buy it and use it to the max range? Yeah be silly to buy an airplane they guarantee NY-Dubai nonstop then stop everytime you tried to do it. Should have known....can I get my 32-40 mil back?

range limited? I guess most airplanes are, no?

what are they targeting? have you been to all their slaes promos? (M&O etc)You can 100% bet that is exactly what they are selling these as - 6000nm at mach .80 and most of the buyers I have met at the Dassault events are certainly counting on this (or very near) Its not going to be a domestic aircraft like most Falcons now. Only problem is it has almost no galley. 12-13 hr flights mean 3 meals...want a capable galley? gotta ditch the crew rest area...now how you going to do 13 hr flights? sleep in back with the boss? <blank stare from Dassault>

I guess I was a little unclear, so I will restate just for you G200. Max range meaning in the big picture of the industry as a whole, not just the 7X or that class.

Range limited for the upper echelon of the biz jets.

Have you been to all of their sales promos?

You bet your donkey they will market it at whatever is published, but their true target buyer is something different. I won't school you in marketing though. You seem to know it all anyway. The target is the Challenger types or ones considering a Hawker 4000 that are ready to go forward but not to the 550,etc. level.

I am not going to pretend to know everything there is to know about the 7X, but one of my best friends is going to teach it and bring the very first one over the pond for delivery. He has studied it at length and continues to study. I can guarantee you he knows much more than you do about it from every aspect. As happens when most pilots get together, we talk airplanes almost daily and this one has been the topic of discussion for most conversations lately. If you will notice, unlike you, I prefaced my statement with "from what I have seen....." Also, unlike you, I did not pretend to get on here and know everything there is to know. I do know a few things about it that I have learned from someone very close to this airplane. Your arrogance is sickening. I bet you are thrill to fly with. I would be more concerned with having to fly with you for 12 hours than the size of the galley.

Last edited:
volunteer said:
I guess I was a little unclear, so I will restate just for you G200. Max range meaning in the big picture of the industry as a whole, not just the 7X or that class.

Range limited for the upper echelon of the biz jets.

Have you been to all of their sales promos?

You bet your donkey they will market it at whatever is published, but their true target buyer is something different. I won't school you in marketing though. You seem to know it all anyway. The target is the Challenger types or ones considering a Hawker 4000 that are ready to go forward but not to the 550,etc. level.

I am not going to pretend to know everything there is to know about the 7X, but one of my best friends is going to teach it and bring the very first one over the pond for delivery. He has studied it at length and continues to study. I can guarantee you he knows much more than you do about it from every aspect. As happens when most pilots get together, we talk airplanes almost daily and this one has been the topic of discussion for most conversations lately. If you will notice, unlike you, I prefaced my statement with "from what I have seen....." Also, unlike you, I did not pretend to get on here and know everything there is to know. I do know a few things about it that I have learned from someone very close to this airplane. Your arrogance is sickening. I bet you are thrill to fly with. I would be more concerned with having to fly with you for 12 hours than the size of the galley.

I am not exactly sure where it is that he's pointing out anything other than the realities of the aircraft in question. The fact remains certain creature comforts are essential on an intercontinental aircraft that's going to be airborne for 12 hours. A capable galley and crew rest area are must haves.

And by the way, if you claim Dassault is targeting a "niche" in the market between those considering a Challenger or Hawker 4000 you're sorely mistaken.

My fellow VOL fan, you're the reason most have left this place...read what people are trying to tell you. G200 spends ALOT of time going places where this airplane was designed to go. I think maybe he knows what he's talking about. His company has them on order, I bet Dassault has given them enough info to know, they designed their own cabin layout I'm sure
has your buddy??

Outfits that can afford a 7x can drop enough to cover a 550 or GLEX,they're target market is anyone they can sell one to

While I have no experience in long-range international aircraft I believe the Falcon 7X is going for $40 million plus as is the Bombardier Global Express and Gulfstream G-550. I don't think it's a niche aircraft and with the addition of the winglets it would seem they are trying to squeeze every last nautical mile of range to compete in the ultra-long range market segment.

But I'm sure the sim instructors don't bother to research cabin ammenities. But hey, it's got FBW and a kick a$$ sidestick right ??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back