Falcon 50EX jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyDriver said:
$67,000 is the going rate for that in Texas if you are talking about a certain telecom firm.

Is above figure fair market? I know of at least two smaller companies in same city that start much higher on smaller equipment. I have been out of the corporate loop a long time and really have no idea.

Last edited:
$67,000... for a Falcon 50?

Newest NBAA numbers (these are averages for the entire country as I didn't have time to work the numbers for Texas. They include responses from PT91 and 135.) The DA50 falls somewhere between "midsize" and "heavy jet" (there's no "super-midsize" for NBAA) so that's how I figured it:

Captain, Base Salary: $90,500

AvCrew results specifically for DA50:

Captain, Average Pay: $87,000

There's NO WAY a Fortune100 company should be paying LESS than national average. And Gringo, with your experience you shouldn't be working for average pay.

HMR said:
Newest NBAA numbers (these are averages for the entire country as I didn't have time to work the numbers for Texas. They include responses from PT91 and 135.) The DA50 falls somewhere between "midsize" and "heavy jet" (there's no "super-midsize" for NBAA) so that's how I figured it:

Captain, Base Salary: $90,500

AvCrew results specifically for DA50:

Captain, Average Pay: $87,000

There's NO WAY a Fortune100 company should be paying LESS than national average. And Gringo, with your experience you shouldn't be working for average pay.

Don't shoot me HMR I'm just the messenger! :) I am always interested in any job in Texas, especially San Antonio. I was probably in competition with this guy for the exact same job. $67K for me would be a raise over what I make now. Kinda' sad I guess...but KSAT is my life.

If you know of any other KSAT-KAUS-KMFE jobs I would sure be interested.

$67K is low per the survey so I guess I'm a whore for what I make flying this Brazilian thing... After all, I worked for a Regional for $17K a year to start. Boy was I an idiot.

Take care guys. Thanks all for the kindness and tolerance shown.

Cheers.

Yeah. Pathetic isn't it for a Super-Midsize Captain.

"Well it is just an ERJ and they fly those for 40K a year. Be grateful you make more than that."

What can you do? Every Legacy Driver I know is in the same boat.

Also before anyone thinks I am bashing my employer--i am not. They treat me incredibly well. Great schedule and the boss is not into disciplining people over trivial mistakes like my CP at the airline. I get two weeks off then work 7 to 9 then off two weeks. It is great QOL. But the pay could be better and that is the primary complaint. Good people. Good job. Good plane. But nothing is perfect. :)

LegacyDriver said:
What can you do? Every Legacy Driver I know is in the same boat.
I can't understand flying a large corp. jet for less money than my buddies flying CJ's are making. Maybe regional guys just don't know any better?:confused:

I'm glad to hear you're happy with the QOL. That's worth alot.

Good Luck.

LegacyDriver said:
$67K for me would be a raise over what I make now. Kinda' sad I guess...but KSAT is my life.
That's pathetic! I was making $60K as a King Air Driver in Austin (Mueller then) 10 years ago!

Latest resources

Back