• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 2000 questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know about the straight 2000...I can only imagine what a dog if the 900EX was a dog with the ice one. It's an underpowered airplane, no doubt.

Only other Falcon experience is the 7X - and it is night/day performance compared to the 900. Yes, it takes a hit max weight, ice on climb like most planes - but it can still climb and accelerate like an airplane should. Maybe that's what you get when you have decent motors and a real wing?

You don't know fun until you are in a 900EX coming out of S America at night stuck in the 30's when FL430 or FL450 would be clear sailing.

:0

Now, of course, we all know the Gulfstream just does not have these problems.

Gulfstream 200 said:
Now, of course, we all know the Gulfstream just does not have these problems.

Very true...but Grummans burn at least 40% more fuel.

I guess "you get what you pay for" with the world standard, eh? :D

I can recall the straight 2000 at max gross with A/I on around FL230-250 would climb between 500-1000 fpm at 260-270kts

In it's defense I can recall hitting 10,000 ft (mid weight) coming out of JFK and having center ask a DAL 767 if he could take a vector, because he was holding up traffic. The old grey hair was taken back and said that he could pick it up to 330, I said unless he could do 360k I was willing to take the vector if he wasn't.

I am sure that the new ones must be a blast to fly.

I can recall the straight 2000 at max gross with A/I on around FL230-250 would climb between 500-1000 fpm at 260-270kts

In it's defense I can recall hitting 10,000 ft (mid weight) coming out of JFK and having center ask a DAL 767 if he could take a vector, because he was holding up traffic. The old grey hair was taken back and said that he could pick it up to 330, I said unless he could do 360k I was willing to take the vector if he wasn't.

I am sure that the new ones must be a blast to fly.

The classic 2000 has what Dassault refers to as a thrust bucket....in the upper twenties it will poop out a bit especially with ant-ice on. Interestingly, when you do level at 390-410 you will find your time to altitude is quite reasonable.

The 2000EX has none of the anti-ice inflicted loss of climb performance. It is a very good all around performer with little more fuel burn than the classic.

Latest resources

Back