Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoilerUP

Citation style...
I've heard the "classic" Falcon 2000 with CFE738s is underpowered and doesn't perform very well with regards to climb capability and cruise speed...is that accurate?

For those who have flown 2000s and 50s, how does the classic 2000 perform compared to the straight 50?

Can't speak for the 50 but the 2000 was a bit of a hog in the midlevels and especially so with the anti-ice on. I don't recall any issues getting the aircraft to altitude. It is still very capable though and should still be considered as a good all-around aircraft. I'm not sure what you mean by underperforming at cruise. I always thought that it did pretty well in the .80 to .82 mark. I am based at a 5000 foot runway and in 5 plus years of operating never had any issues meeting our trip needs even with contamination/anti-ice on.

Dassault learned and listened to the operators needs and wants when they redesigned (so to speak) the 2000EXEASy. Added power, fuel, and an advanced avionics package are some of the big selling point.

ymmv

A very slow climber but at altitude it cruises as advertised. I flew one to Europe a couple of times and noticed the climb rate but that was my only comment/complaint.

ISA+ kills the airplane. There's been more than once, where I couldn't get it up to M0.80 (or maintain), cruising in the mid 30's, and ISA+20 temps. It's lacking on take-off performance too.

Pratt's seemed to have fixed those issues...

Gv

ISA+ kills the airplane. There's been more than once, where I couldn't get it up to M0.80 (or maintain), cruising in the mid 30's, and ISA+20 temps. It's lacking on take-off performance too.

Pratt's seemed to have fixed those issues...

How quickly you've become a Gulfstream guy!! It's the world standard you know:)

I had a typical milk run, Ny to California and back, max t/o # all the time.

With A/I on:
When passing FL250, you get handed off to the high alt sector, at that point I would check in and offer to take vectors to get out of peoples way.

You are a flying speed bump.

Last edited:
You'd think the senior Netjets pilots would have some opinions of the aircraft too. They have a pretty big Falcon fleet and a lot of good experience (although I heard all outstanding orders for Falcons going forward have been cut).

huh

I had a typical milk run, Ny to California and back, max t/o # all the time.

With A/I on:
When passing FL250, you get handed off to the high alt sector, at that point I would check in and offer to take vectors to get out of peoples way.

You are a flying speed bump.

rriigght

Assuming a max gross takeoff and ISA+5 temps at altitude, what kind of initial cruise altitudes/cruise speeds can one realistically expect and what's the time to climb?

Just how bad is it with the "anti-climb switches" turned on?

It handles as well as other Falcon/Dassault products minus the 50EX. ISA+ kills its performance just like every other jet out there. A FEW EXCEPTIONS! The PW's are great but are still ISA+ susceptible...I have plenty of LR60/2000EXexperience and ISA+10 would bring you down to 1500-2000 min up to FL250 everytime.

As far as field performance it performs well. I mean average Toff dist. is 4400ft. But high and hot is detrimental...don't know an a/c that this doesn't apply to!

But the 2000EX is a screamer and makes the 2000 look like a *************************cat!

Latest resources

Back