• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 2000 Battery cover/blanket

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never heard of one. How bad do you anticipate the cold-soak to be? One option is to take along a technician or additional qualified person to attend the airplane, and simply leave the APU running and a pack on. An old airline trick at outstations when no ground power was avail.

Had a February over night in Rochester MN, with a straight 2000 a few years back. No hanger, so we decided to remove the battery. Next morning we put it back in the plane, you should have seen the list of messages. Got the APU going and warmed up the aircraft for a while, we could not get the messages to clear so we decided to shut it down and start it up from scratch once again. With everything warm, the messages cleared and we were good to go.

Thanks, Could swear I remember FS telling us theres one out there. Alot of Teb trips with hangar space very limited. Removing the batt sounds like the best option.

OR, leave it in, and when you show, plug in a GPU and hit the battery-charge switch and warm the batt before you turn the APU.

Never heard of the blanket but do recall FSI/CAE mentioning removing the battery. We are based in the upper midwest and have never had a battery issue at home or on the road (yet). I would remover the battery if it was an issue though it sure would be a pita- beats no start any day of the week.

Removing Batt

Dassault recommends removing the battery if it's going to be 5 F and below. I've been in the airplane 8 years and have only had to do that one time.

Dassault recommends removing the battery if it's going to be 5 F and below. I've been in the airplane 8 years and have only had to do that one time.

and when I did that, we didn't have any faults associated with removing the battery. IIRC, the airplane sat in -10F weather all weekend, and after reinstalling the battery, we ran the airplane for about 20 minutes, exercising the flight controls, to get heat into the hydraulic system. basically, follow Dassault's guidance, and you probably won't have any issues. One item we did have, was a small hydraulic leak, and once we warmed up the system, that cleared.

and when I did that, we didn't have any faults associated with removing the battery. IIRC, the airplane sat in -10F weather all weekend, and after reinstalling the battery, we ran the airplane for about 20 minutes, exercising the flight controls, to get heat into the hydraulic system. basically, follow Dassault's guidance, and you probably won't have any issues. One item we did have, was a small hydraulic leak, and once we warmed up the system, that cleared.

Here is the quote from the Dassault FSA for the 2000EX. Probably the same for the classic 2000. Not sure how much difference it makes but we do have two batteries in the EX.

Removal of
main batteries in cold weather conditions

MAIN BATTERIES (ATA 24)

Dassault Falcon recommends that aircraft main batteries be removed whenever the ambient

temperature is forecast to be below +5°F (-15°C). Dassault recognizes that operational

considerations may prevent this from being consistently applied each time temperatures
reach this threshold. Please refer also to FSA2000EX-2000EXEASy-24-00-03 “

This is applicable to lead-acid and NiCad batteries. There is no need to remove the standby /

emergency batteries from the aircraft.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back