Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Factual answers only please (CAL Hiring)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SRJ

Curious if anyone knows for a FACT what the hiring for CAL currently is looking like. I know there is speculation for 15 per week but it is rumor from the people I spoke with. Anyone involved with training or in IAH close to a source who can shed some light on current newhire class levels and also future staffing? Anyone in the current Sept/Oct classes able to give a breakdown of equipment offered and bases awarded? Thanks

480 newhires by May of 2007. I've flown with higher ups and they said the monthly hiring numbers may reach into the seventies.

I'm starting class on the 17th. There are 16 or 18 of us starting that day. With another class a week or so later.

Our hiring department is laways changing the numbers. However, based on the last bid those numbers should be good.

I just flew with a lead check airman that is doing some of the interviews in CLE - he said that the number is 16 per week through May.

According to the latest Chief Pilot voicemail from 9/29 they are planning to hire 336 pilots in 2007. They are currently interviewing 12-16 per week.

The numbers listed above are the same I heard. To add to this thread, they are hiring in to all types in EWR, including 777 as not enough folks bid it on the last system bid, and 737 in IAH will probably be available to new-hires. GUM and CLE can probably be held after about 6 months.

Cheers

So besides two captain walk-ins, what does it take to land an interview?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back