Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Factual answers only please (CAL Hiring)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't 336 new hires less than previously rumored for 2007? I thought that figure was more like 600? Am I wrong? Or could that be in prep for age 65?

Isn't 336 new hires less than previously rumored for 2007? I thought that figure was more like 600? Am I wrong? Or could that be in prep for age 65?

200 for Sept thru the end of 2006, 336 for 2007 that gives you something close to the 600 number. My best guess these numbers are based on age 60 rule today.

Talked to several at ALPA know one of course knows for sure but if AGE 60 change is passed in the appropriations bill there is a chance that it will not go into effect from anyware from a few months to several years to maybe not at all after the bill passage. They say there is a chance the FAA will refuse to act and or they may comply immediately. Look for more info out of the ALPA BOD meeting in LAS over the next two weeks.

Last edited:
Was this one person you know of who got called without the degree an XJT guy? I think it is different for them.

Both of my sponsers were told by two different chief pilots in order to be called, you have to have a four-year degree. There is always an exception, but I would not expect to get called without one.

Carry on.........

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back