• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fabulous FJ uniforms...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
During his presentation he did not differentiate which pilot group the uniform was for. He just said this is our new uniform. So I would expect that the uniform is for both pilot groups, but if not both then at least the P300 pilots since they will be flying under the Flexjet brand.

In keeping with the announced branding strategy, what we've seen is the 'bespoke' uniform for the FJ crews. FO crews will get the 'value' version. No tie, open collar with (fake) gold rope necklace, slip-on mesh shoes w/ no socks. Still being researched if those pants can be obtained in a sans-a-belt version.

Wasn't making fun of the FJ guys, just trying to keep a sense of humor. If you work for the circus, shouldn't be a big surprise when they dress you in a clown suit. Best you can do is laugh about it.

Last edited:
Not

I would not be laughing at the Flex pilots since it won't be long before the Options pilots are wearing the same thing.

Didn't KR say that the FO Phenoms will be going to marketed as Flex aircraft.

The Flight Options pilot group has a CBA that protects them from wearing that thing:

9.1 Company Provided Uniform Articles and Accessories
The Company will issue a pilot the following uniform articles and accessories at the time of hire: two black pants...
9.2 Pilot Provided Uniform Articles and Accessories
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The pilot shall be responsible for the following uniform articles and accessories: white dress pilot shirts with flap pockets and epaulette holders, black business shoes, black socks and a black belt.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

No Matter

During his presentation he did not differentiate which pilot group the uniform was for. He just said this is our new uniform. So I would expect that the uniform is for both pilot groups, but if not both then at least the P300 pilots since they will be flying under the Flexjet brand.

Nope. The Flight Options pilot group can fly the Phenoms no matter how they are marketed. Not a CBA violation. Phenoms flown by Flight Options pilots on Flight Options Certificate and under the CBA.

So, the uniform provision of the CBA applies. Marketing/Brand doesn't matter. Flight Options pilot group won't be wearing those things thanks to the CBA.

Doesn't that employment agreement or the Flexjet uniform committee protect Flexjet pilots from wearing that thing?

Well now, I've finally found a descent reason to join the IBT. Mr. The(you can call me IBT) Architect must have had a chrystal ball when negotiating "black pants" in their last agreement. With that kind of negotiating skill set, there's no telling what he might extract from the next round of negotiations....maybe pre-tied ties, or perhaps white socks...nothing will surprise us.
Cheers

Welcome Back

Well now, I've finally found a descent reason to join the IBT. Mr. The(you can call me IBT) Architect must have had a chrystal ball when negotiating "black pants" in their last agreement. With that kind of negotiating skill set, there's no telling what he might extract from the next round of negotiations....maybe pre-tied ties, or perhaps white socks...nothing will surprise us.
Cheers

Hi Warlord!!!!

Welcome back. Know you have been busy.

As far as the uniforms and the language in the Flight Options pilot group CBA, well... "Sometimes the little things make me smile."

Now get on script... Your job is getting harder.

And clip-on ties are awesome!

Clip on ties are awesome. Architect what you are not realizing is flex had a committee discuss the uniform change. So they must have been the one that picked the style. After all that was the committees job wasn't it???

Clip on ties are awesome. Architect what you are not realizing is flex had a committee discuss the uniform change. So they must have been the one that picked the style. After all that was the committees job wasn't it???

You'd like to think so. While I hate the new uniform as much as the next guy (or gal), the fact is the uniform committee poll was to see if FJ pilots preferred an "airline style" uniform with wings, epaulets, and tie or a more casual polo and slacks type look. They also asked about basic color preferences, and I think black shoes were the favorite and grey shirts came in second to white. It wasn't meant to pick an exact uniform piece by piece, and while I don't think this is what people had in mind they overwhelmingly voted to keep the shirt and tie with epaulets, black pants and black shoes.

Personally I voted for polo and slacks so I don't have much sympathy for those who voted for shirt and tie and are now complaining about the style choices. I knew the whole thing was a sham to begin with and I really wanted the polo to win just so we could all watch the company backpedal and try to rationalize why we can't have that and are sticking with the tie getup.

Latest resources

Back