• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Vacation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Am I the only one who thinks a mistake of this nature should not go unpunished?? I understand that it was a mistake and can happen to anyone, but it is a mistake that can't happen. This could have easily killed 300+ people and probably deserves more than a letter in a file that gets expunged in 2 years. Just my opinion.

Am I the only one who thinks a mistake of this nature should not go unpunished?? I understand that it was a mistake and can happen to anyone, but it is a mistake that can't happen. This could have easily killed 300+ people and probably deserves more than a letter in a file that gets expunged in 2 years. Just my opinion.

Maybe you are. This kind of incident happens more often than you think and could happen to any of us. Punishment would do nothing to prevent it happening again. There any many incidents that could have caused loss of life. (ATL incursion a couple of weeks ago) Evaluation and education is the most productive thing to do and that is what ASAP is all about.

Your attitude is what contributes to 300+ people being killed.... consider changing it.

Yah, a bad mistake. But, one that could happen to any one of us though. Nobody got hurt and I dont think anyone deserves any time off. Sure, it will be a lesson learned for the guys involved but its a lesson for the rest of us as well.

If this happened to you, I'll bet that you would be singing to a slightly different tune here.

I hope they receive one of those nice letters that goes away in two years and a training session, I don't think either pilot will ever let that happen again.

So just so I understand what everyone is saying here. If a doctor operates on the wrong part of a body, lets say takes out someones spleen instead of a kidney you think they should only get a letter in their file?? Very much the same thing just a mistake. Bash away

So just so I understand what everyone is saying here. If a doctor operates on the wrong part of a body, lets say takes out someones spleen instead of a kidney you think they should only get a letter in their file?? Very much the same thing just a mistake. Bash away

Was any harm done to anyone in taking off without the clearance? No. Is there any harm in taking out a spleen instead of a kidney? Im not an MD but something tells me that there would be some harm done in that case. I know what you are getting at but your above comparisson isnt valid.

No harm in removing a spleen, you dont need one to live but the MD should still be held accountable.

Someone finally gets my point. YES it can happen to anyone and NO IDONT think they should lose there job. However we need some accountability which is lacking in our industry.

Not even close to the same thing. You're pretty far out there dude.

Latest resources

Back