• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA rules, max 12 hour duty day and 9 hour flight day....in effect Oct15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish you bickering d-bags would just knock it off. It's like dealing with my kids in the back seat. "He started it!", "No, she started it". I don't think anybody cares who started it anymore. Could you possibly get back on the topic or just exchange phone numbers and hash it out one-on-one?

Is there any source for the supposed implementation of these limitations or is this just what somebody "heard"? Geesh.

theres nothing awesome about losing days off because of a new rest rule that was unwarrented. This all comes about because of the Buffalo crash where company induced fatigue was NOT the issue.

The rules are fine...the new ones will only make us less productive and we're all going to lose days off as a result. When I go to work, I want to work. Prepare for QOL to go out the window.

I think those numbers sound good. Whats one more hour of flight. Max sked 12hr duty day is good.

AirTran pilots already have a max scheduled duty day. This would be worse than what we already have, if it went to 9 hours flying. No thanks.

There should be no extension beyond 12 hours . . . and nine hours flight should only be allowed for transcon turns, not four legs of flying with 30 minute turns.

theres nothing awesome about losing days off because of a new rest rule that was unwarrented. This all comes about because of the Buffalo crash where company induced fatigue was NOT the issue.

The rules are fine...the new ones will only make us less productive and we're all going to lose days off as a result. When I go to work, I want to work. Prepare for QOL to go out the window.

Here's a novel idea... maybe Pilots can grab their you know whats and demand better work and QOL.. and let the FAA rules govern as a base level of safety which should never be exceeded? There was a time in this profession when unions were worth something..

No, the rules are not fine. 16 hours of work is dangerous and unwarranted in a safety critical workplace.

Seriously??? Did you really just say that? 16 hours at work flying a 200K pound airplane is not safe!
That's TWICE as long as the average American works per day, and American's work more than most every other nation on Earth. Yet you think it's okay to be forced to work twice as long? Are you crazy or are you a robot? Or are you airline management?

Safety First: unless it's inconvenient.

Seriously??? Did you really just say that? 16 hours at work flying a 200K pound airplane is not safe!
That's TWICE as long as the average American works per day, and American's work more than most every other nation on Earth. Yet you think it's okay to be forced to work twice as long? Are you crazy or are you a robot? Or are you airline management?

I had 16 hour duty days in the AF and it was waiverable up to 18... But even with 16 hour duty days, you're still limited to 8 hours of scheduled flying-- which is doable.. Start up with 9 hours of flying-- think of the consequences, ie> MCO-BOG could now be a turn, flights where a relief officer allowed for turns may now be accomplished with just the minimum crew, and worst yet, think of those 4-5 leg days with minimum turns or flying from FL up to JFK then out west-- makes for a long, long day... I don't think this will open up to more hiring, the companies will find a way to make it productive for themselves

Latest resources

Back