Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Rest Rules: FATIGUE: Impact of Requiring Pilot to Sign RELEASE to Indicate Rested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't really like that part, either. Unfortunately, the science doesn't back up an 8 hour limit across the board. I think they went too far with the 10 hours, though, so hopefully we'll be able to correct that during the comment period.

The 9 hours is time actually at the hotel, which makes a big difference. I think 10 would be better, but again, that's something we can try to fix in the comment period. The important part in the NPRM is that the FAA based the time on time at the hotel, rather than including transportation time like it is now. That's a big step.

I agree, but I think you would admit that we probably won't accomplish that. We're dealing with politicians here, remember. We should do everything we can to clean it up in the comment period, though.

"We get a great NPRM on flight/duty time" ...... Quote PCL128

Really ? These are your words a matter of hours ago. You appear to be quickly changing your tune as you see actual airline pilots show their disgust. Don't worry, your quote has been preserved for posterity.

You are right. We are dealing with politicians here. You would sell your own pilot group down the river for a seat at the table. In fact you already have. The only ALPA airline to allow 86 seat RJ's. You must be very proud.

Yup. Politicians like you ...... Do the pilots at AirTran know about your background ? Do they understand your sweaty palms when you think about your sticky Rice ?

:puke:

P.S. "Paul Rice for ALPA President".

Latest resources

Back