• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Proposes to Raise Airline Pilot Qualification Standards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did you get a chance to see the actual Data? The study you are most likely referencing was bought and paid for by AABI. You can check it out here....

http://www.aabi.aero/2010 Pilot Source Study_Results V2.pdf

Given who paid for it, and when and why the study was begun, I have a tough time finding it impartial.

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics you know......

Look, I'm not saying that part 61 guys are inferior. In my opinion, the 141 guys do better because on average, the 141 guys are 141 because airline is the goal, whereas most 61 guys didn't start with a goal of an airline. I was a 61 guy for my private. I instructed part 141 and part 61. The 141 guys were more driven and more dedicated. My best student was part 61 though. A "natural."

Did you get a chance to see the actual Data? The study you are most likely referencing was bought and paid for by AABI. You can check it out here....

http://www.aabi.aero/2010 Pilot Source Study_Results V2.pdf

Given who paid for it, and when and why the study was begun, I have a tough time finding it impartial.

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics you know......

Yep,

Always follow the money...there ye shall find the truth.

this is great proposal, now if they can just get it past the bull******************** lobbyist that work for the airlines.

safety is their number one concern.....as long as it dont cost anything.

uh ohh the regionals airlines pool of cheap pilots is in jeopardy. They better get there lobbyists' on this right away!

in 2000 I had 900 hours at UND and was hired before I graduated... I was the low time guy that got hired then, so not so true about 141 schools sending out 250 hour guys at that time anyways...

To clarify, a guy who goes to some 141 school and gets a four-year degree in "aviation" can jump ahead of a guy who studies engineering and builds his time at a 61 school. Is this right? Seems kinda...dumb.

At least it's a step in the right direction.

Yeah that is dumb. An aviation degree should not be some short cut for hours. I am sure UND or Embry Riddle lobbied for that part.

I am way past this number of hours so it does not affect me, but I did mine pt 61, while getting a science degree. An aviation degree does not make anyone a pilot and ERAU should not compare itself to Harvard.

Yeah that is dumb. An aviation degree should not be some short cut for hours. I am sure UND or Embry Riddle lobbied for that part.

I am way past this number of hours so it does not affect me, but I did mine pt 61, while getting a science degree. An aviation degree does not make anyone a pilot and ERAU should not compare itself to Harvard.

Sorry...you're just not qualified. You didn't learn about airplanes for four years.

I'll bet the buffalo pilots had college degrees. It doesn't mean Dick. Experience counts and you can't discount it. 1500 hrs.
Minimum for 121ops.

Latest resources

Back