• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Proposes to Raise Airline Pilot Qualification Standards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would bet both of those pilots in BUF met the new mins when they got hired at CJC. It would be interesting to know. I know thier hours at their hiring was noted somewhere. I know the Capt was a Gulfsteam guy. Don't know about the FO.

This rule goes into effect 1 Aug 2013, per Congressional law.

cliff
HKG

I would bet both of those pilots in BUF met the new mins when they got hired at CJC. It would be interesting to know. I know thier hours at their hiring was noted somewhere. I know the Capt was a Gulfsteam guy. Don't know about the FO.

I like how everyone always mentions Gulfstream when speaking of this accident. I am not a GS fan but, this accident was a Colgon accident,happened on a Colgon Q400 with a Colgon trained crew,trained and passed by Colgon instructors. This accident fits squarely on the CA,FO, and Colgon. The CA did not have an accident in the 1900 at Gulfstream.

Only mentioned GSA to point out he had training at an advanced school and worked there possibly giving him the amount of time that would have met the new mind.

I think the reason people mention Gulfstream is that, if you had the money, it was an easy way to get started with 0 experience.

If an ATP was required, he could not have been "hired" at Gulfstream...so would he have even become an airline pilot???

cliff
DXB

The CA was definitely a low-timer when hired. The FO almost had 1500 hours. It's all in the NSB report

I'll bet the buffalo pilots had college degrees. It doesn't mean Dick. Experience counts and you can't discount it. 1500 hrs.
Minimum for 121ops.

I agree a degree does nothing to make a safer pilot. One of the best pilots I learned to fly with is a senior captain at southwest and Is in his mid forties and never spent one day in college.

But your 100k to a 141 school does!!! I wonder how many dollars were spent by ATP and others to have exemption.

Latest resources

Back