• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Proposes to Raise Airline Pilot Qualification Standards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah- I agree, and we don't need to do this tired debate again- but stereotypes exists for a reason.

Yes, they do. Because folks like you choose to perpetuate them by grouping all of us with the 5% that exists in every demographic and justify your actions by saying "stereotypes exist for a reason". Vicious circle complete.

The difference is that civilian pilots know we have our tools- military guys wrap themselves in the flag and make all kinds of aggressive excuses for the stick up some of these guys arses.
Case in point ^^^^^

Personally, I make no excuses for the tools that make into the -121 world from the military.

I do find that funny when FedEx has such a discrepancy between civilian and military hires.
Find what funny?

I have no doubt the fighter pilot is able to pass training and be a good pilot at a major-but I could have passed training at a major airline with no issues at one quarter of the experience that was required.
So could most military pilots - fighter or otherwise. It's A to B with the autopilot on 90% of the time. Let's not make it out to be harder than it is. :rolleyes:

I doubt I will ever agree with the 1500 hour fighter pilot getting on with a major, or any lesser qualifications for military pilots.
But feel free to make your case-
I won't waste my time. Sounds like you and your stereotypical attitude are pretty much set in stone.

....but military guys would have more credibility if y'all would police your own. Bc it really does make the good, cool mil guys look really bad-
Don't believe me, ask your peers.
Right back at you, ace. (just sub civilian with a chip on his shoulder for mil in your quote above.)

I do. You gonna tell an F-15 jockey he has to go rent a Seminole for 500 hours because he doesn't have enough time to fly an RJ?

As my Obama wang-slurping former friend says, "it's a MOO point." Between the reduction in size of American air power and the increase in non-human occupied front line aircraft, there is little concern about .mil pilots in the airline world. There just aren't gonna be many of them to speak of.

But hell no, they don't need any more qualifications to fly a lame little RJ.

Yes, the Obamite actually thinks this is the correct usage of moot. lolz

Fox-Tree, there is little point debating with a 99%er like waveflyur. Just do yourself a favor: add him to your ignint' (ignore) list and invest your valuable time with more worthy compatriots. Or at least don't be quotin' him so vociferously so I gots to read more of his tripe!

..and some of the worst. I have seen a few ex fighter types that are very weak airline pilots. Before you get all wrapped around the axel, my statement is just to support your comment that stereotypes are wrong. Very good pilots come from any number of backgrounds, it's the attitude they bring to the table that determines how good of an airline pilot they will be, not what they flew.

Best comment I've seen so far...

:beer:

Is it time for the Special Olympics again? There sure seems to be a lot of retards competing. But, you're all Special Winners. Congrats.

..and some of the worst. I have seen a few ex fighter types that are very weak airline pilots. Before you get all wrapped around the axel, my statement is just to support your comment that stereotypes are wrong. Very good pilots come from any number of backgrounds, it's the attitude they bring to the table that determines how good of an airline pilot they will be, not what they flew.
yes, and the college degree belongs in here, it has nothing to do with being a good pilot.

The competitive min should be 1000tpic in a crew environment-
JMO
Now would this include 1000 PIC time in a multi-engine turbine IFR rated two man crew CH-47/MH-53, or SH-60?

Last edited:
No.

Because those machines have spinny things on top, and can go up, down, forward, backward, and side to side all at the same time.

Only those professionals, who have at LEAST 2 year Degrees in Art History, as well as 1000 TPIC going straight forward , but really fast, are qualified...

We need definitives here...Not poppycock , or random qualifications.

YKW

Too bad it doesn't mandate a psychological exam for guys who drop $120k on an aviation degree in hopes of getting started out in a sub $20k/yr job.

It's probably not their intension to sit there making low wages for years.

Traditionally u did your time at a regional, say a few years, then you moved on to a major. But bc the majors are shrinking, the age 65 rule is keeping guys around, and the unions keep giving up seats to the regional, have caused entry level guys to stay in their entry level position indefinitely.

Latest resources

Back