Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

check six

A few questions about running a 135:

1. I know it takes a long time to file for and get a certificate for a 135 from the FSDO, so if I want to acquire one can I buy out owner and put my name on certificate as new owner or would I need to resubmit for certificate after purchase?

2. Many posts say you can't make money with a 135 but I see two 10-15 aircraft 135's in Denver at KAPA showing about $12 million rev per year each and they have been doing it for over 20 years. Lacy tried to start a base here but it did not last, so maybe two is the max this area can support. Do 135's make decent return if managed well?

Thanks,

Check six

A few questions about running a 135:

1. I know it takes a long time to file for and get a certificate for a 135 from the FSDO, so if I want to acquire one can I buy out owner and put my name on certificate as new owner or would I need to resubmit for certificate after purchase?

2. Many posts say you can't make money with a 135 but I see two 10-15 aircraft 135's in Denver at KAPA showing about $12 million rev per year each and they have been doing it for over 20 years. Lacy tried to start a base here but it did not last, so maybe two is the max this area can support. Do 135's make decent return if managed well?

Thanks,

Check six
Check with your local FSDO for that answer!!!!!!!!! About 85% of all PT 135 ops are bottom-feeders,since they are way under capitalized financially!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back