Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA needs to hear that more than 8 hours flying per day will not make the skys safer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're idiots for wanting to keep 3 on, 4 off schedules?

Joe,

You usually have pretty good posts here, but this one and your previous one about this topic has to be one of your special "genitool type" rants. You have the me me me attitude on this one. Yes there will be changes and you will have to manipulate your schedule to improve your QOL, but this is about safety and fatigue... .something that the all airlines have been abusing for years "because it's legal". Whether you believe it or not, this is a good thing and remember.... you can never please EVERYONE, but this is a move in the right direction.

Net

Bumping flight time limits from 8 to 9 hours in a day isn't such a big deal, but if they do they need to have some kind of limiting factor on number of legs in there. Last thing I want is a 7 leg day because they can squeeze an extra turn in there. 5 is more than enough. 3 is even better.

pilot also

Joe,

..but this is about safety and fatigue... .something that the all airlines have been abusing for years "because it's legal"....
and pilots are not guilty of this? Not counting a 8 hr hour all night JS into a 12 hr duty day or flying for the reserves on a 12 hours translant and going to work 6 hours later, somehow that is the airlines fault?

Hi!

JM, like most humans, does not want to change.

Most of the negativity about the impending FAA Flight/Duty/Rest rule changes, the US Health Care System changes, and Obama being President (after 8 yrs of Republican rule, and from a WHITE guy to a BLACK guy), are all the same.

Change is scary, and people do not like it, due to a lot of different factors.

Even when change is obviously for the good, to dramatically improve something, MANY people will be vehemently against it.

What IS ironic, is that our universe is DESIGNED by God for MASSIVE change, all the time! Here we are, in the midst of a Universe that often has dramatic and radical change, often daily, and we want everything to be the same, every day. It causes a lot of angst.

Republican leadership are very adept at playing on people's fears, so that they can control people, and keep the money rolling in! Democratic leadership also do it, but to a lesser degree, and they are not as good at it.

cliff
NBO

Filled with logic. Good post.

Latest resources

Back