FAA Medical Examiner ANC ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cheap beer and Doc Green

You know, this could evolve into another BBQ I'm afraid.

There's a time and place for cheap beer but I gotta be honest. The older I get (in other words, the more my metabolism slows) the less beer I drink.

I find hard liquor delivers the same effect without the caloric penalty.

Nome sane?:D (Is that from Latin? Or Greek?)

Anyway, drinks on me when you get to FAI.
:cool:

OK Mar I give up

What or where is FAI ? Also... Anything ,Anywhere, Anytime. That's so ex AIA. Were you there at one time? ;)

Ex-AIA? I could tell ya, but...

...then I'd have to kill ya.;)

FAI = Faisalabad, Pakistan. Our customers are very particular and pay very well.

All right. You got me. I'm full of crap.

FAI = Fairbanks, Alaska.

I haul soda pop to Barrow. But it's real dangerous...

I work for Northern Air Cargo and if you check out their website you'll see the "Anything, Anywhere, Anytime" slogan. I just thought I'd help out with a little free promotion every now and then.

Call me a company guy.:D

I see you have a little -6 time yourself. Any good stories?

mar

Ex TAL, Bellamy Lawson,Zantop and Haulin Fish with a Northern Air DC-6. in the early eightys. The Anything,Anywhere,Anytime slogan was AIA's when I was there. Wonder if you guys stole it or did Connie steal it. Should have known FAI was Fairbanks, not a Bar in ANC. DUH Big red truck!!!:D I decided to use Dr Green for my physical next week. Guess I'll get to meet the guy, sounds like it will be interesting.

Last edited:
AIA--I gotcha now...

Nosewheel--I remember now. AIA was the predecessor to MarkAir, right?

I thought you were making an Air America reference thanks to the slogan.

That's why I was joking around about killin' ya and stuff.

Get it?:D

Sheesh. I can be so stoopid sometimes.

Hey good luck at Doc Greens. You'll never see 150 big ones disappear so fast outside of Vegas. What a scam.

Later.

mar,

you weren't too far off. I've heard whisperings of discreet charters into Central America in the 80's and a lawyer friend who was involved in some of MarkAir's bankruptcy proceedings spoke of an unusually cosy relationship with Southern Air Transport.

Very interesting

I knew their Herks were dispatched all over the world.

And I'm just cynical enough to believe they weren't hauling soda pop to Nicaragua.

Mar

I think you have AIA mixed up with something else. Nothing to do with Mark Air. AIA was out of YIP and ended up **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty Hawk International until the bankruptcy. I did however do a couple of top secret contract trips for Southern Air out of MIA on the DC-6. Night time to the jungle down south.;) $150 for Dr Green?? Now I'm the stoopid one. :eek:

Nosewheel,

THe AIA mar and I are talking about is Alaska International Aairways, which later became MarkAir. You're apparently talking about a different AIA.

Singlecoil said:
Crown? I went with Glenfiddich at the Duty Free. But more recently, have you seen the 5 litre kegs of Molsen at Fred Meyer for $6.95?
I keep goin' back to the well, but the well ain't dry, Nome sane? (Nome sane = you KNOw what I'M SAYiN')

The thing about Doc Green is, well..., he's creepy. The Norman Bates analogy is right on. Maybe its the blue jumpsuit with the "Doc Green" embroidered on it. Don't call me conservative, (I'm pretty sure nobody on this board will) but the white coat of most doctors seems a little more reassuring.

One of these days I'll get to FAI, Mar...

With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. Hundreds of pilots get their medicals from him. Doc Green is a fine Doctor. He's not creepy. Been going to him for years.

Latest resources

Back