FAA Medical Examiner ANC ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nosewheel

Does anyone know of a good Doc in Ancorage for a Flight Physical ?

Define "good"

If "good" means minimum hassle, minimum time, and a medical certificate as long as you are breathing, or show indication of having breathed recently, then Doc Green is your man. 907-243-2220. Even if you are not in need of his type of services, you might consider him, as a medical with Dr Green is a unique experience. He is located quite close the the airport, within walking distance from many of the airport hotels, if that is a factor.

Another one in the same airport area is Dr Petra Illig. (907) 245-4359 She is quite knowledgable on aviation medical issues. I believe that she was on Delta's medical staff at one time. Her rates are a little less than Dr. Green's, but she is more likely to notice a problem. She would probably be easier to schedule than Dr Green, as she hasn't developed the same cult following. Last time I got a medical, she was able to schedulre me the same afternoon that I called.

there's probably dozens of others in ANC but those are the one's I've been to recently.

A Squared

Sounds like Doc Green is my kind of Doc. I dont really like spending 2 1/2 hrs on an eye test then getting rubber gloved and tasting it. My Doc of 20 years left us last year. By chance do you know of a Doc Morgan in ANC ? Thanks alot for the Info. :D

Last edited:
Doc Green

Good ol-doc Green, you can't beat him. He is a little expensive though - but hassle free.

"As long as you are breathing, or show indications of having breathed recently" - perfectly said and 100% true A Squared!

AK737FO

Thanx again for the input. I tried to contact him today but no luck. Whats your definition of expensive? I usually pay $80-$100

Last year I paid $95 for a second class from Doc Green. I'm not sure what a first class costs. I paid $140 for a first class from Dr Illig, and one of my co-workers said that was a little cheaper than a Doc Green first class, exactly how much cheaper, I don't know.

A Sguared

I did speek to Dr. Illig today and she was willing and able to make an appointment pretty much any time next week. She seemed quite nice however I will attempt to contact Dr. Green first. By the sounds of his voice message he sounds kinda different.:eek:

I've been to both. I was forced to try Dr. Illig for my last physical, because Dr. Green called me and said, "I'm sorry, I'm not able to get back into my office yet, I'm still working with the lawyers and the city." He was shut down by the fire inspectors last fall. I understand he is in a new office now, but he is certainly a different egg.
Dr. Illig was very knowledgeable and very professional. I think I recall she did used to work for Delta or something like that. Her test wasn't a whole lot different than Doc Green's as I recall. I have definitely switched to Dr. Illig, as I have no reason to go back to Doc Green.

A different egg?

Ssh-yeah. Norman Bates is more like it...

Has he buried his mother yet?

...sorry, Rude. Crown talking...

Petra = Class Act.:cool:

Crown? I went with Glenfiddich at the Duty Free. But more recently, have you seen the 5 litre kegs of Molsen at Fred Meyer for $6.95?
I keep goin' back to the well, but the well ain't dry, Nome sane? (Nome sane = you KNOw what I'M SAYiN')

The thing about Doc Green is, well..., he's creepy. The Norman Bates analogy is right on. Maybe its the blue jumpsuit with the "Doc Green" embroidered on it. Don't call me conservative, (I'm pretty sure nobody on this board will) but the white coat of most doctors seems a little more reassuring.

One of these days I'll get to FAI, Mar...

Latest resources

Back