Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DGdaPilot

Parrot Head Pilot
Well I just noticed that my pilot's license says the date of issue is Sept 23, 2003. Here's the thing. I got my last rating (my multiengine) during the 1st week of May 2003. So when do I need my BFR? 2 years after the date of my checkride in my logbook or from the date on my license.
Thanks

BFR's are required w/in 24 months from your las check ride (they count as a BFR)or BFR. Its the same way currency requirements work.

Yeah, I know....I just can't figure out why the heck my license has that date on it. Oh well, I'll just do my BFR sometime in May.
Thanks for the input.

If you ask for a replacement certificate it will have another new date on it. It is whenever the FAA prints the thing, that's all.

Donsa320 said:
If you ask for a replacement certificate it will have another new date on it. It is whenever the FAA prints the thing, that's all.

Exactly. Your BFR is due at the end of May.

DGdaPilot said:
Yeah, I know....I just can't figure out why the heck my license has that date on it.

Did you have your certificate number changed, or request a replacement certificate? The certificate issue date is only the date it was issued....has nothing to do with your last checkride. If you got a replacement, or certificate number change, it's the date they printed it - or at least the date they ordered it printed. If you did NOT get any kind of replacement, and you received that certificate as a direct result of a checkride, you should have brought it to the attention of the FAA that the date was incorrect. It may invalidate your certificate.

If the date is, indeed, incorrect and not just a re-issue, call OKC and ask them what you should do. In any case, your BFR must be donw within 24 months after your last checkride or BFR. You must be able to prove(if questioned by the FAA) when that ride or BFR was taken, usually done by logbook records.

Lead Sled said:
Note to DGdaPilot: The FAA never makes mistakes. :rolleyes:

Sorry Lead, not true... In the case of an Airmans certificate - missprints - do happen. The Airman Regrestry (they are really nice people, prior to the OKC bombing and 9-11 you could walk into the office and get Regrestry services just like a retail store. It is a sad comment on the world as we now have it.)

Any how, the Regrestry processes millions of documents a year. Mistakes do happen. As posted by FracCapt if the Airman changed his certificate number the certificate issue date will change or if he added or surrendered a rating. If the Airman is still convinced there is an error you can call the local FSDO and ask for an "Operations Inspector" (that is the Pilot Inspector) to look up the Airmans record and look at the dates. Or you can also call OKC Regrestry. The maybe incorrect date on the certificate IMHO would not invalidate the certificate.

If the Airmans log book has the last Flight Review in it. the 24 months would start from that date unless he has added a new pilot rating, then the 24 months would start from the certificate date.

JAFI

Latest resources

Back