• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA made a mistake??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had this issue a few years ago with my CFI certificate. When I changed my address, the inspector changed the expiration date to two years into the future, even though I had only one year left until renewal. I called OKC and they said to follow the expiration date on the certificate, not the actual date my CFI should be renewed. I did what they said, and had no problems renewing my CFI exactly two years later.

English said:
I had this issue a few years ago with my CFI certificate. When I changed my address, the inspector changed the expiration date to two years into the future, even though I had only one year left until renewal. I called OKC and they said to follow the expiration date on the certificate, not the actual date my CFI should be renewed. I did what they said, and had no problems renewing my CFI exactly two years later.

Sounds like you got a freebie! Good deal.

Lead Sled said:
Note to JAFI: I guess you didn't notice my smurking smilie. :D

'Sled

Lead, Your quote was such a good lead in to my post I did not think you would mind, But I did like the smurking face.

I also thought about using a line from the movie "Midway" (Henery Fonda to John Wayne) "We both know the Navy is never wrong, but in this case it was short of being right"

Cheers

JAFI

Latest resources

Back