• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Jobs Application Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there a way to check on the status of your app. such as how many points you scored toward the particular job you applied for, and how competetive I would be compared to other applicants? I would like to know if Iam even in the ballpark.

Register rankings

You will get something back from the FAA telling you that you have made it onto the register. I think the form also shows your ranking on the register.

I don't believe that you can check on your application status, nor should you. It would just antagonize the GS-2 "muckitymucks" in OKC. This is one situation where you really should exhibit patience.

52vincent said:
Is there a way to check on the status of your app. such as how many points you scored toward the particular job you applied for, and how competetive I would be compared to other applicants? I would like to know if Iam even in the ballpark.

The below is copied from the current announcement for Aviation Safety Inspectors -

HOW TO APPLY: Applicants can now apply on-line and receive immediate feedback concerning whether they meet basic qualifications, the options for which they are eligible to apply, and the grade levels for which they are eligible to be considered for employment. They may also print copies of their Notices of Results and Qualification Summaries. Applying on-line enables a qualified applicant to establish eligibility for employment consideration more quickly than submitting a paper application.

Once again, you can find the most current information and the answers to most any question by spending a few minutes on the faa web site under job opportunities, and then reading the vacancy announcements that interest you.

Last edited:
wingnutt said:
...cant beat 'em, join 'em, eh? :p

*shrugs* Might as well. Being on the inside might give you enough notice to not be there during the ramps checks. Then again don't ASI's give the ramp checks?

flx757 said:
The below is copied from the current announcement for Aviation Safety Inspectors -

HOW TO APPLY: Applicants can now apply on-line and receive immediate feedback concerning whether they meet basic qualifications, the options for which they are eligible to apply, and the grade levels for which they are eligible to be considered for employment. They may also print copies of their Notices of Results and Qualification Summaries. Applying on-line enables a qualified applicant to establish eligibility for employment consideration more quickly than submitting a paper application.

Once again, you can find the most current information and the answers to most any question by spending a few minutes on the faa web site under job opportunities, and then reading the vacancy announcements that interest you.

Thanks flx, I knew that in fact I have spent hours on that site lots of very useful information, I should clarify something, I do not qualify for the ASI postion so in the beginning of this thread I just used it as an example. Iam actually pursuing another position, and the answers to questions that I seeked were not available like they were for the ASI position. So I ended up here and to find those answers, Thanks to all, Iam just waiting to hear how I rate from the FAA now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back