• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA-I'm here to help you...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a controller, I have no interest in violating pilots. We all make mistakes and unless I have a deal because of it, then I forget about it. I haven't been officially told of this new policy yet. But I'm sure it's coming. But beware, there are a few jackasses out....although I find them to be few and far between.

A big thanks to all my controller friends out there!

I am also a controller at the World's busiest Tower and I have never been briefed, nor would I do it if I were, about violating pilots. We are all in this togther....Aviation is a Team sport and it requires all of us cooperating togther. Rizzo's commets are right on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by habitual pilot

We also need a better way to start actions against our fellow controllers should they actually start an uprising against pilots for problems. How many times have controllers in DFW and New England screwed something up only to have us catch the mistake before it went any further?

Just food for thought.

Brother, your nuts. We by far have the best controllers bar none.

What about his nuts?

The controllers are doing the best they can in a crowded arena. There is no doubt in my mind that the last thing they want to do it start slinging mud at the pilot....they know that we all screw-up from time to time. I am convinced they really want to work with us, not against us!!!!

I wish when someone gets hired by a 135 or 121 outfit they have to do 2 hours in a center and 2 hours in a tower. The training would entail sitting there while plugged in and see how one does his or her job.

My wife is a center controller and I was lucky enough to go to work with her one day and plug in with one of her fellow co-workers. I sat there for about 1 hour and saw him at one time controlling about 20 planes in his one sector.

FAA management and controllers do not get along, my wife comes home about twice a week in a foul mood because of some manager got on her or one of her crew members for something thats complete BS. One day she got written up for wearing "boy shoes." They were Sketchers shoes, the tag on the shoes said womens size 9... however they still wrote her up.
I know thats a small example, but how would you like to go on break, get written up for something BS like that, come back from break and control 20 planes at a time. Probably the controller will not sound the friendliest.
(just food for thought)

Latest resources

Back