• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA hits American Airlines with biggest fine ever

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the dumbest-ass thing I have ever read.

Think about it, thats akin to saying "most auto insurance claims are a result of accidents".
It isn't dumb It is called a fact.

Look, many people when educated about complex medical issues will most likely choose DNR or "do not resuscitate". If you have been pronounced brain dead and living on a ventilator why do you want to continue to be alive. But if you don't have a living will they will do just that.

Oh yes, he is a straight shooter.....He shoots from NYC, Austin, Martha's Vineyard, Hawaii, Chicago....and every other vacation spot in this nation. He flies overseas to try to bring the Olympics to Chicago???? He plays golf EVERY Sunday. He hosts tea partys EVERY Tuesday night at the White House. Oh he is a straight shooter....Except his game plan is to use the Presidency as his 4-year vacation home.

All the while, I keep bringing our wounded troops, who only have 1 or 2 working limbs, into DCA on their way to Walter Reed.

I'm sure the troops appreciate the fact that he is having a good time, though.

We have change alright...He is the worst President we have ever had in this country!

Thank you.

Oh yes, he is a straight shooter.....He shoots from NYC, Austin, Martha's Vineyard, Hawaii, Chicago....and every other vacation spot in this nation. He flies overseas to try to bring the Olympics to Chicago???? He plays golf EVERY Sunday. He hosts tea partys EVERY Tuesday night at the White House. Oh he is a straight shooter....Except his game plan is to use the Presidency as his 4-year vacation home.

All the while, I keep bringing our wounded troops, who only have 1 or 2 working limbs, into DCA on their way to Walter Reed.

I'm sure the troops appreciate the fact that he is having a good time, though.

We have change alright...He is the worst President we have ever had in this country!

He only has 4 years to get in 8 years worth of vacations. Do the math and you'll see he's on target:)

It was B.S. just like the SWA lap joint fines. The Area that was missed was about a foot long. It was being inspected but I think this area wasn't getting the proper NDT inspection. So SWA calls the Feds and Boeing and self discloses. Boeing says it is fine, the feds say, ohh ok then, what he said. Then the sht hits the fan. The Feds blow it up that SWA is scamming ect. and drags them through the mud and makes their bumbling agency look like a bunch of dogooders. Just like AMR! They blow it up like the flying public is near death every time they board a MD-80. But the FAA steps in and saves everyone from the greedy corporations.

Well said. Should be a lesson to all who believe that more gov't is the answer to <<insert your pet problem here>>. FAA has long been the poster-child for politicized, incompetent gov't agencies far more concerned with looking like they are doing something, than actually trying to improve things for the common good.

Someone speak up if I'm mistaken, but wasn't this issue the wrap around the wire bundles had slipped and someone at the regulatory agency discovered they were easy to check on the MD jets by sticking a ruler on the bundle out on the wing?

If I remember correctly, the wraps is supposed to be every inch and had slipped a 1/4 of an inch in some areas.

Do not have a dog in this fight, but it appears LaHood's war on forms of transportation other than trains continues ... .

So from the pilot or mechanic perspective, were passengers endangered or safety compromised?

Latest resources

Back