• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA dispatcher course -- good schools -- distance learning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really, thats interesting. I wasn't aware that you actually had contract flying with other carriers. Thats cool. Pay can always be better no matter where you are. Not to say that I am complaining, but if you want better pay we can always look elsewhere I guess. Just takes the sacrafice of relocating which I dont know about you, but for me that would be really hard. We are very much planted right here in the NKY area. Plus I like the area and the job a lot. Just never understood why we are paid so differently compared to the majors. Last time I check we do the same job carrying the same people just smaller planes. That shouldn't make a difference in my eyes. You still have to know the knowledge and be able to use it correctly for each flight. Ok bitch session over.

How are your operating systems up at ABX? I heard the tech is a little "dated". Do you guys do a lot of manual prep or is your system automated.

yes, ABX lags in the latest tech., to give you an example we are just now getting dual monitors and just got all flat screens earlier. That does not bother me so much. I would rather have a better paycheck than a fancy office. Our software is the real issue. We are still using Sabre which lacks in so many areas. Not that it's a bad system, but for an international planning system it really lacks in many areas. We have been looking at getting Lido for over a year and no decision has been made yet. I hope we do get it since we are going into many many more international flights.

So other than software our only real issue in the office is support from other departments and upper management. They really suck, but not because they don't know what they are doing but because they have no clue as to what we do. As a result we don't get the support or pay we need and deserve. It's like they put up with us because they have to rather than respect us. Maybe all the union talk will come to fruition and we will have someone make sure they understand our position. It's a shame because if they would only do what is right, we all would not be in that situation. Oh well, their actions are their choices. Kinda weird saying they made us do it, but it's true. Equal pay is a HUGE conflict in the office. That would be the first thing fixed, so pass out the cards! ;)

Maybe we gan get a Comair/ABX Dispatch golf match going. Maybe a best ball match? I suck at it, but it's still a good time. Losers buy the winners a round of cold beers.

Last edited:
Maybe we gan get a Comair/ABX Dispatch golf match going. Maybe a best ball match? I suck at it, but it's still a good time. Losers buy the winners a round of cold beers.

Uh oh, ABX throwing out a challenge! Now thats what I'm talking about. We should find a course NE side of Cincinnati somewhere. I am sure we could round up a few golfers here to play. I love to golf. Not to say that I am very good but I try to get out and play a few times a month. It's always fun to get out and hack away on the course. BRING IT ON! :)

Uh oh, ABX throwing out a challenge! Now thats what I'm talking about. We should find a course NE side of Cincinnati somewhere. I am sure we could round up a few golfers here to play. I love to golf. Not to say that I am very good but I try to get out and play a few times a month. It's always fun to get out and hack away on the course. BRING IT ON! :)

:D yeah, we have an ex-Comair Dispatcher and he told us you guys love to play golf. I'm sure we will get smoked, but a beer sure sounds tasty even if I have to buy them.

?

:D yeah, we have an ex-Comair Dispatcher and he told us you guys love to play golf. I'm sure we will get smoked, but a beer sure sounds tasty even if I have to buy them.

Who do you have up there who is an ex comair dispatcher? I thought he left and went elsewhere. Anyway, don't be so sure you will be buying the beer though. We are all a bunch of weekend (or for me weekday) hackers. We have just a good a chance of buying the beer as you do :)

Latest resources

Back