• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Age 60 rule rescinded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, DCAA320, you get no sympathy from me.
If the PIC wants to sleep all the way to DUB and the SIC wants to sleep all the way back, and you have to sit up front the whole way (except takeoff and landing) -- It is your fault for bidding the I.R.O. position.

Protip: On your next monthly bid try - Avoid Capt. xxxx, or Avoid IRO.

Nice skirt, Nancy.

Only the pu$$iest of men whine like b---es over "discrrrriiiiiminaaation!!!!'.

Seriously, way too many guys have completely given themselves over to the whiny, victim-oriented way of thinking. You're like, the Lena Dunham of FI. Lololzlzlzlz.!!!!!

Hey the KKK is calling, they want
to return the the fifties with you, where you
can discriminate against everyone
that isn't just like you!

Grow up!

Last edited:
Crazy as this statement is, it's not even true

What percent of blacks and women are airline pilots ?

I would not call moving up 6%. really moving up . That is if everyone of them was senior to you.

Where as I am sure most over age 60 pilots are senior to you .

I agree with the others posters ,this is a crazy off the wall comment .

Yeah, but if you throw in Hispanics, and Jews, and Catholics, and Muslims,
and everyone else that isn't just like you, you'll move up even more.

If the PIC wants to sleep all the way to DUB and the SIC wants to sleep all the way back, and you have to sit up front the whole way (except takeoff and landing) -- It is your fault for bidding the I.R.O. position.

I agree with you 100% when I am IRO, but he cannot say "117 requires it."

When I flew with him as part as a 2 man crew, me and him, he slept his ass off in the cockpit.

I picked up the trip in open time.

Last edited:

Not even close to how you want to use an IRO.

But yeah, don't bid it is good advice. Then also pass the word on how the CA does things. That will take care of itself pretty quick

Hey dumbass, I didn't need any rest on that flight. What I resented was his attitude, his misquoting 117, and him coming to work tired. On taxi out I told him get back on the taxi line, which was lighted.

If you read the thread this guy slept most of our previous flight, to Shannon, in the cockpit so when he incorrectly states what 117 requires, YES I was IN HIS FACE.

PIC, I was single piloted across the Atlantic.

PIC, that gives you a right to be a lazy ass and stupid? I don't even sleep during the breaks. It was an 8 hour duty day, Jesus F Christ.

3.5, no moron, he stated the pilot monitoring gets 90 minutes also, I just said MF go take your break. He misinterpreted the rule, like you. Do the math. We bring everyone up 30 minutes prior to landing.

Don't know your background, taking off and landing is generally uneventful in B767, the decision making in between sometimes takes the most thought.
You did right by telling him to stay on the taxi line. Safety first. Did you also tell him that you thought he certified fit for duty in error and that flying fatigued is unsafe? While not required, it is encouraged to elevate this issue if you feel strongly enough about it (for instance strong enough to post on a public forum how a captain "slept all the way to SNN in the cockpit" and "he slept his ass off in the cockpit"). An FSAP may be in order.

As far as your 3.5 hours in first class, I stand corrected, it was only 3.0 hours.

Last edited:
Hey dumbass, I didn't need any rest on that flight. What I resented was his attitude, his misquoting 117, and him coming to work tired. On taxi out I told him get back on the taxi line, which was lighted.

If you read the thread this guy slept most of our previous flight, to Shannon, in the cockpit so when he incorrectly states what 117 requires, YES I was IN HIS FACE.

PIC, I was single piloted across the Atlantic.

PIC, that gives you a right to be a lazy ass and stupid? I don't even sleep during the breaks. It was an 8 hour duty day, Jesus F Christ.

3.5, no moron, he stated the pilot monitoring gets 90 minutes also, I just said MF go take your break. He misinterpreted the rule, like you. Do the math. We bring everyone up 30 minutes prior to landing.

Don't know your background, taking off and landing is generally uneventful in B767, the decision making in between sometimes takes the most thought.

This sounds like a CRM issue, plain and simple....not sure what it has to do with age 60??? There are jerks at any age.
Judging from your posts I'm wondering if the poor communication was a 2 way deal, it usually is when CRM issues pop up.

As far as your 3.5 hours in first class, I stand corrected, it was only 3.0 hours.

I wasn't clear enough, 2.0 for him, 1.5 for SIC, which once again, I wouldn't mind, just don't tell me 117 requires this.

Just go ahead, say I am a wus, and I am going back to nap. I'll say cool, have the FAs bring me some coffee, problem solved.

Have a nice day, off to Europe :)

Latest resources

Back