• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FAA Age 60 rule rescinded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Over 60 was to further help the most selfish generation in history.

And just think, if we discriminated against Female pilots and Black pilots
you could really move up that Seniority list to your rightful place.

Nice skirt, Nancy.

Only the pu$$iest of men whine like b---es over "discrrrriiiiiminaaation!!!!'.

Seriously, way too many guys have completely given themselves over to the whiny, victim-oriented way of thinking. You're like, the Lena Dunham of FI. Lololzlzlzlz.!!!!!

It's fascinating how you can't evolve in a debate. We should all maybe be feeling a little discriminated against right now. Because people aren't interested in this career any more. Smart people of any race or either gender don't show interest, because we act foolishly as a profession.

Crazy as this statement is, it's not even true

What percent of blacks and women are airline pilots ?

I would not call moving up 6%. really moving up . That is if everyone of them was senior to you.

Where as I am sure most over age 60 pilots are senior to you .

I agree with the others posters ,this is a crazy off the wall comment .

Im not up on the international rules(just a lowely regional CA), but an IRO on a 5.5 hour flight? Seems excessive. Unless I am missing something. Does it have to do with the time zone change? Required on the way back so they just staff it going over too?

And an IRO on a turn that wont exceed 9 hours(under most circumstances?)?

Again, I am not up to speed on 117 and international flights.

Had a 5.5 hour flight as an IRO the other day, captain demanded 2 hours of rest, wtf. He claimed it was required per 117, I said that's not exactly how it reads?
"Demanded"? Was 3.5 hours of sleep in first class not enough? How dare he wake you from your rest. Who do these PICs think they are?

Last edited:
Over 60 was to further help the most selfish generation in history.

Yep- well said

If only they cared and could bring themselves to at least admit it to themselves-
Their lifestyle in many professions has been inflated by the generation before and after their own.

Im not up on the international rules(just a lowely regional CA), but an IRO on a 5.5 hour flight? Seems excessive. Unless I am missing something. Does it have to do with the time zone change? Required on the way back so they just staff it going over too? YES

And an IRO on a turn that wont exceed 9 hours(under most circumstances?)?

Again, I am not up to speed on 117 and international flights.

More so for return flight headed west from DUB. Today it was blocked 7:55 (DUB-PHL) so if there was a delay in Ireland things would get close and require the IRO.

Not enough time zone changes.

Just like you sound, I was like WTF when he said 117 required 2 hours.

"Demanded"? Was 3.5 hours of sleep in first class not enough? How dare he wake you from your rest. Who do these PICs think they are?

Hey dumbass, I didn't need any rest on that flight. What I resented was his attitude, his misquoting 117, and him coming to work tired. On taxi out I told him get back on the taxi line, which was lighted.

If you read the thread this guy slept most of our previous flight, to Shannon, in the cockpit so when he incorrectly states what 117 requires, YES I was IN HIS FACE.

PIC, I was single piloted across the Atlantic.

PIC, that gives you a right to be a lazy ass and stupid? I don't even sleep during the breaks. It was an 8 hour duty day, Jesus F Christ.

3.5, no moron, he stated the pilot monitoring gets 90 minutes also, I just said MF go take your break. He misinterpreted the rule, like you. Do the math. We bring everyone up 30 minutes prior to landing.

Don't know your background, taking off and landing is generally uneventful in B767, the decision making in between sometimes takes the most thought.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back