FA job pays over 50K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWAInflt said:
You do realize how breathtakingly sexist your post was right??? I may need to check a calendar but, I'm pretty sure it's 2005.

36DDs can be breathtaking.

pilot141 said:
Yep.....its 2005. Yep....pilots are still overwhelmingly male and making comments about (horrors!) the fairer sex.

Remarking about beautiful eyes is one thing reducing women to their cup size is quite another. The "boys will be boys" argument is wearing might thing.

Instead of trying to bash some breathtakingly normal pilots, how about posting something useful on 9/11/05?

How do you know I didn't light a candle in memory of the 9/11 victims or observe a moment of silence? You don't. But, that hasn't stopped you from using a day of national mourning to deflect a legitimate complaint.

Does that date mean anything to you or do you realize how breathtakingly badly you missed the boat?

See above. Separate issues pal.

Should I include any other adjectives or is my sarcasm coming through?

The message of the entire thread is read loud and clear.

Really, people.....it's an internet message board. Nothing said here really matters....lighten up.

Would the same viewpoint apply if the discussion were demeaning to someone based on their race?

SWAinflt, while I agree with you to some extent, it's still a man's game...so play by their rules or don't play at all (or at least make them think it's their rules).

You are fighting a losing battle, unfortunately.

English said:
SWAinflt, while I agree with you to some extent, it's still a man's game...so play by their rules or don't play at all (or at least make them think it's their rules).

The aviation industry being a "man's game" shouldn't be synonomous with women having to accept being objectified. Perhaps it's time the rules changed.

You are fighting a losing battle, unfortunately.

The losing battles are usually the ones worth fighting.

SWAInflt - I don't think English is saying that women have to accept being objectified. Do us all a favor and take a step back and not take yourself so seriously. We make jokes on this board. Many are crude and uncouth, but they're said tongue in cheek. It's just the 'guy way' of doing things. It might suck, but the reality is that the majority of people on this board (as well as the majority in this industry) are guys. It might not be fair, but that's the way it is, and sometimes you just have to deal with our rather unpolished sense of humor. English understands this.

We make jokes here. Sometimes it's about boobs. I've told Ailerongirl to iron my shirt. I've told English to make me a sandwich. Relax. Nobody here means anything by it.

SWAInflt said:
The aviation industry being a "man's game" shouldn't be synonomous with women having to accept being objectified. Perhaps it's time the rules changed.

Are you my ex-wife?

Ace

SWAInflt said:

You probably shouldn't bother applying

Latest resources

Back