FA job pays over 50K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bigD said:
SWAInflt - I don't think English is saying that women have to accept being objectified. Do us all a favor and take a step back and not take yourself so seriously. W make jokes on this board. Many are crude and uncouth, but they're said tongue in cheek. It's just the 'guy way' of doing things. It might suck, but the reality is that the majority of people on this board (as well as the majority in this industry) are guys.

Again I'll ask. Would it be acceptable to dismiss 'crude and uncouth' jokes if the subject matter were race rather than gender? The majority of the members of this board may very well be male. However, this is the Flight Attendant section of Flightinfo.com. The majority of Flights Attendants are women many of whom object to women being reduced to sex objects...even if it is only a joke.

It might not be fair, but that's the way it is, and sometimes you just have to deal with our rather unpolished sense of humor. English understands this.

We might have had to put up with the crudeness in days past Those days are gone. Nowadays sexually based humor in the workplace that is offensive to others is not treated as a laughing matter.

We make jokes here. Sometimes it's about boobs. I've told Ailerongirl to iron my shirt. I've told English to make me a sandwich. Relax. Nobody here means anything by it.

Do what you want in the pilot sections of the forum but, don't expect comments demeaning to women to go unchallenged here on the F/A page.

Last edited:
SWAInflt said:
We might have had to put up with the crudeness in days past Those days are gone. Nowadays sexually based humor in the workplace that is offensive to others is not treated as a laughing matter.

I understand this. But we're not in the workplace - we're on a message board, and although it's a great resource, it's also a good place to unwind and shoot the bull with others in my industry.

SWAInflt said:
Do what you want in the pilot sections of the forum but, don't expect comments demeaning to women to go unchallenged here on the F/A page.

This is a good point. However does anything really *ever* go unchallenged on this board, regardless of what section it is? :D

SWAInflt said:
The aviation industry being a "man's game" shouldn't be synonomous with women having to accept being objectified. Perhaps it's time the rules changed.

OK, now I guess I'm just going to tell it like it is.

Most corporate flight attendants are good looking. Whether they are young, old, thick, thin, they are nice to look at. Just like a corporate jet is. If you feel this is being "objectified", I'm sorry. But it is the way it is. Men and women that are flying around in a G550 don't want to be served by some washed up looking, bra burning flight attendant. I've even heard one airline FA say "We're here to save your a$$, not to kiss it". That attitude would last about a minute in my plane. We are in the high end SERVICE business. If it were JUST about safety, my boss could go fly on SW. He choses to have a beautiful jet with a beautiful flight attendant and 3 great, service oriented pilots.

I'm sorry if you don't 'fit the mold' for a corporate flight attendant, but instead of crying sour grapes, why don't you either leave it alone, or go do something to fit in (if you want). I know a couple of great plastic surgeons in Manhattan who can make any ol gal look like they didn't fly hard, drink hard and smoke for the last 30 years. Just ask my wife :)

Ace

where i work now we use a male fa. he is by far the best i have ever worked with. he handles everything in the back. food service is excellent. he handles all the baggage as well (very nice deal). i have flown with many female fa and none of them hold a candle to this guy's work ethic and all without any bitching (another nice aspect). leaves the three pilots to concentrate on cockpit duties. read my lips--NO baggage handling for pilots. :)

Last edited:
Semperfido,

That doesn't sound like fun.

I'm all about looking at a nice pair of breasts...And working with great people.

Why can't you have both? Is that sexist? Is it bad I like looking at females, even objectifying them in my mind?

I guess it is the reason we're all here after so many millions of years.

semperfido said:
where i work now we use a male fa. he is by far the best i have ever worked with. he handles everything in the back. food service is excellent. he handles all the baggage as well (very nice deal). i have flown with many female fa and none of them hold a candle to this guy's work ethic and all without any bitching (another nice aspect). leaves the three pilots to concentrate on cockpit duties. read my lips--NO baggage handling for pilots. :)

Wow! No baggage loading. That's a dream come true.

But face it, that guy is one in a million. Most of us are just lucky if she gets our coffee to us in the first 5 hours of the flight ;)

Ace

jumppilot said:
Semperfido,

That doesn't sound like fun.

I'm all about looking at a nice pair of breasts...And working with great people.

Why can't you have both? Is that sexist? Is it bad I like looking at females, even objectifying them in my mind?

I guess it is the reason we're all here after so many millions of years.

sexist?--no, not at all. i would just prefer to have the job be as easy and pleasurable as possible while on the road and this male fa does "the job" better than any other fa i have worked with. i can look at T and A anytime I want. work is work. play is play and best not to mix the two.:)

Ace-of-the-Base said:
Wow! No baggage loading. That's a dream come true.

But face it, that guy is one in a million. Most of us are just lucky if she gets our coffee to us in the first 5 hours of the flight ;)

Ace

yep, in 15 yrs on the G whiz i haven't seen another that can match him. the baggage deal is worth its weight in gold (i haven't even been in baggage compartment so far on this trip and it has been a week so far), plus he keeps the cabin in immaculate condition and also keeps pilots fed and hydrated. he is a contract guy (doesn't want to be exclusive, we have tried). :)

Last edited:
semperfido said:
yep, in 15 yrs on the G whiz i haven't seen another that can match him. the baggage deal is worth its weight in gold (i haven't even been in baggage compartment so far on this trip and it has been a week so far), plus he keeps the cabin in immaculate condition and also keeps pilots fed and hydrated. he is a contract guy (doesn't want to be exclusive, we have tried). :)

I can look at chicks in the local Hooters, all I really care about is that the big guy is happy and my job is easy. Would you PM me this guys contact info? I'd like to see if we could use him when you aren't.

Ace

Ace-of-the-Base said:
OK, now I guess I'm just going to tell it like it is.

"Like it is"...is not necessarily always how it should be

Most corporate flight attendants are good looking. Whether they are young, old, thick, thin, they are nice to look at. Just like a corporate jet is. If you feel this is being "objectified", I'm sorry. But it is the way it is.

Being goodlooking isn't the problem. The problem is a woman's looks being considered a prerequisite to do the job.

Men and women that are flying around in a G550 don't want to be served by some washed up looking, bra burning flight attendant.

If that's the case, let's just call a spade a spade and drop the pretense of making the hiring decision based on qualifications to actually do the job. Perhaps the hiring manager should be a bit more forthright and alter the job description from 'qualified' to read...'qualified and hot'. I'm sure anyone who can afford to fly around in a G550 can afford the extra characters in their classified ad.

I've even heard one airline FA say "We're here to save your a$$, not to kiss it". That attitude would last about a minute in my plane.

They don't just say it...you can get it on a T-shirt.

We are in the high end SERVICE business. If it were JUST about safety, my boss could go fly on SW. He choses to have a beautiful jet with a beautiful flight attendant and 3 great, service oriented pilots.

The Flight Attendants have to be beautiful but, the pilots only have to be service oriented. Interesting, but not surprising.

I'm sorry if you don't 'fit the mold' for a corporate flight attendant, but instead of crying sour grapes, why don't you either leave it alone, or go do something to fit in (if you want). I know a couple of great plastic surgeons in Manhattan who can make any ol gal look like they didn't fly hard, drink hard and smoke for the last 30 years. Just ask my wife :)

You don't know me. Yet, you assume that because I have this point of view I must be bitter and "don't fit the mold". You might be surprised to find that the women who seek to further the cause of feminism are beautiful both inside and out. Most of them even manage to do so without setting their lingerie on fire.

Latest resources

Back