• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FA helps American Airlines Land

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If she had a commercial pilots license, then why was her first question, "where are the brakes?"

And why is there no DeLuna listed in the FAA database Airman's Certificate?

Uh, oh.... some one's pants are on fire.

Heh heh... no, I was thinking of Jitters and a couple GIA people I sent back to training when I was at PCL. ;)

The CA did NOT make a PA requesting the help of any licensed passenger. He DID call the F/As on the interphone requesting the help of any non revving AA / OAL pilot.

Different animal... if you're already up there as a licensed dispatcher, yeah, I'd probably put you in the seat and ask you to handle the radios.

Just not going to bring someone up from the back unless I know AHEAD of time who they are and that they'll be an asset. For the most part, unless they're a company pilot or a pilot on the same or similar equipment of another airline, they're not going to be a lot of help and, as many have said, maybe even a distraction.

I can see where you're coming from and I'm all for CRM. I'd just run the autopilot and talk on the radio myself. Throwing someone into a situation like that, they'd probably be screwing up the callsign and be lucky to find the mic switch (unless they're a line pilot).....let alone be able to communicate anything effectively.

and there you go...

The CA did NOT make a PA requesting the help of any licensed passenger. He DID call the F/As on the interphone requesting the help of any non revving AA / OAL pilot.

makes a lot more sense

Wow Sherlock...Ya think?!!

What gave it away?...the fact that she WORKS FOR AMERICAN AIRLINES AS A FLIGHT ATTENDANT?!!

Good Christ...sometimes I can't take the stupidity.

You wouldn't by chance be one of those cable news "I may be wrong but if I call you enough names I'll make my point" junkies?
My airline also has had a few FA's flying 135 (commercially) on the side to build time. It was a valid qustion.

Thanks. thats exactly what I was wondering. I'm blown away by people rushing to judgement base on info for the "media" in this country. The media competes for ratings by coming up with good sounding stories. Making a PA sounds like a good story but it just didn't sound right. I can't picture any pilot doing that. I certainly think calling back and seeing if their are any non reving pilots on board and than getting help from the FA makes good sense. I guess this was "the rest of the story".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back