F9 to Canada and more!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dashboy said:
Nope just more BS from the F9 guys about how the will kick united and southwests butts. As I recall F9 tucked their animal tails and ran from BOS once already.
At the time we left Spirit was KILLING yields, they soon quit the route too,and USAir was the ONLY company to bid our ground handling in BOS. So we had a built in delay due to their non-handling of our needs.

We were making more money flying to ABQ and it cost us less so we split.

I have no idea where our new cities are going to be (who'd of thunk CAK?), but I'm guessing they will make $$:D

Jetsi YOU ARE WRONG PROFESSOR!
I am related to someone who works for massport that never happend!
Yes massport did not want you to go but 2 months later when jetblue started bos-den f9 was a distant memory. You went from TERM A to B when A was bulldozed and the rent to Usair might have been more I am not privy to that info but 2 flights no-one really cared.

Having said that I have friends at F9 some of them love it others do not, but I wish nothing but the best for them and you for that matter. I am getting tired of all the posts that read were going here and were gonna shut them down or you can't compete with us ect. Many Indy guys (I hope they all find jobs they are happy with) were predicting they would shut down the big U and buy there assets uh ohh!

As an airline pilot I think we should work to help every pilot in the increasingly
difficul airline industry achieve their goals what ever they may be, we should be fighting the managments from j orenstien to j potter. But enough with the grandstanding on what this company is doing and why it is so great.

Sounds like great news!!!

The great white north though...hmmmm...how about going to the caribbean or the Caymans instead, you know, maybe the USVI, or maybe even some of the other islands farther south. It's cool though, Canada is fine, but i do like the Hawaii idea as well. I like to know that we have some great expansion plans for the coming year.

Domestic destinations huh...how about MHT(Boston area), somewhere in the middle of the east coast, and then who knows.

Starchkr.....Canada is a beautiful country to have overnights at. My company that I work for now went to Ottawa and Montreal for a summer (our routes are always changing)......I LOVED IT

BUT I do see your point......it IS easier to pack shorts for overnights :)

dashboy said:
I am related to someone who works for massport that never happend!

Well, my ex-girlfriends aunt's sister's kid who works at the docks said that it did!! So there!

Dashboy,

I wasn't employed at F9 at the time we pulled out of BOS, I just gave you the abridged story that the CEO gave us at indoc. Perhaps F9 Driver's synopsis is more correct. And perhaps you are correct as well, who knows for certain.

Your words:
"As an airline pilot I think we should work to help every pilot in the increasingly difficul airline industry achieve their goals what ever they may be, we should be fighting the managments from j orenstien to j potter. But enough with the grandstanding on what this company is doing and why it is so great."

Again I looked through, and can't find anything where we say we are putting anybody out of business in this thread or how we are going to kick any butts. I think you have us confused with SWA (Just kidding folks, now I can see why SWA/FO gets so riled when people trash his airline :D). Nor do I see any grandstanding about how great we are. This started out as a news announcement and an inquiry into opinions on possible locations, but within 6 replies (not a FI record by a long shot :)) it has now turned into mudslinging "he said / she said".

So if we should all "just get along" and help each other out, why do you come in with flamebait and intentionally try to stir the pot? Instead of helping another buddy out, you try to make a pilot who works for any other company than your own the enemy. How you really feel?

Jetsi

Dashboy

I am a little confused on how J potter needs its employees to fight with him. Everyone I have ever met at F9 has been great and happy with their employer and seem to be doing the best they can to ensure the success of their company. F9 management has and continues to be very respectful of their employees, I don't work at F9 but I have stopped in to talk to HR and they have always been receptive of my visits and never once made me feel like I should not be there, I have also met many F9 pilots in the jumpseat and they have nothing but good things to say. As far as F9 trying to put UAL or anyone else out of business, I have never seen any predatory type of business from F9. Why do you have such a problem with a good company. F9 is trying to compete in a competative industry and provide a good service while doing so, they aren't trying to conquer the airline industry. How you could compare JO and JP as one in the same I will never know.

As far as Canada, anywhere in BC Canada would be awesome and if they fly to CLT then it will make my commute that much easier since I am based in CLT, hopefully they will have a afternoon flight when US and UAL does not have a flight, I know wishful thinking, but what would life be without hope.

dashboy said:
As an airline pilot I think we should work to help every pilot in the increasingly difficul airline industry achieve their goals what ever they may be, we should be fighting the managments from j orenstien to j potter. But enough with the grandstanding on what this company is doing and why it is so great.

You cant seriously be comparing JO to JP. If you are, then go back to the twilight zone episode you came from. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

Montreal Overnights again.....looks like I am going to have to find an atm that dispenses singles!:)

dashboy said:
I am related to someone who works for massport...
As an airline pilot I think we should work to help every pilot in the increasingly
difficul airline industry achieve their goals what ever they may be, we should be fighting the managments from j orenstien to j potter. But enough with the grandstanding on what this company is doing and why it is so great.

DASHBOY?!?! DASHBOY!?!?
I can only envision some pimply-faced, pink flightsuit donning Poindexter skipping as he walks around the plane and whistling music from Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back