• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 to be pay protected at WN rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, "fair and equitable". Lets merge by pay per hour.

that wouldn't take into account career expectations. one company is bankrupt and the other is considering buying them. one company has pilots on furlough and the other has never furloughed, thanks to the union more than the company, but still the fact remains.

Hey guys and gals. I had a long discussion with our SWAPA Safety guy (JG) and he said the new rules for crew rest (12 Hr duty day) will mean all airlines will have to increase manning. At SW we will need 3 reserve raps vs the 2 we have now. We will go from 200 extra pilots to needing extra pilots. He told me to expect the new regs on the street in the next 30 to 45 days. After that the airlines will 180 days to put them into affect.

This will mean HUGE pay cuts for everybody. Not in your rate but in what you can do credit wise for a particular month. God help us if this (12 hr duty day. WTF??) becomes reality...

Sorry to hijack... Now back to your regularly scheduled mudslinging!

This will mean HUGE pay cuts for everybody. Not in your rate but in what you can do credit wise for a particular month. God help us if this (12 hr duty day. WTF??) becomes reality...

Sorry to hijack... Now back to your regularly scheduled mudslinging!

Numbers/Statistics are a funny thing? I'll bet you'll be surprised with what schedueling can do in 12 hours. How may 12+ hour duty days have you had since the beginning of the year? Fly safe!

Does FAPA really have a say in ANYTHING regarding WN & F9? I don't think so... I don't pray much... But I am now, hoping Republic is out bid & things go WN's way

Does FAPA really have a say in ANYTHING regarding WN & F9? I don't think so... I don't pray much... But I am now, hoping Republic is out bid & things go WN's way
well, if you look at the fact that Southwest has stated that a SLI deal between SWAPA and FAPA, then yes, FAPA has some say.

I have been somewhat vocal in my opinion about a deal that includes only 80% of the company and pilots. Recent talks have led me to believe that I should wait until the final deal is presented to make up my mind. There are some at SWA and a few at F9 that believe that the final deal will be for 100% of the operation. If it is less, than the judge may side with Republic.

I have always admired Southwest as a company and I have many friends that work there. I am reserving my opinion on the deal until there is actually a deal.

Either way, we will know much more by tomorrow evening I suspect.

The SWA/FO is dead on. Our management is not your friend until you are an employee of SWA (and then, sometimes not). They are ruthless and will not give you anything just to be nice. If they can structure the deal to draw down F9 and not hire you guys at all, they will. However, SWA wants labor's blessing (read SWAPA, not FAPA) and SWAPA wants you guys on the list, maybe even with no interview, no type rating, longevity, and pay protection. Good grief...we're trying to help you, and I'll even admit it's with our own personal motivations.

Don't doubt for a minute that SWA is serious and will win this deal. Their upped binding bid should tell you this. You should get RAH out of your mind and figure out how to get SWAPA's protection from SWA. A/M and B/M do not require employment. They only require a fair integration if there is one. You're in chapter 11. Your scope provisions are worthless if the judge says so. You could be bought and drawn down in less than 2 years with no seniority number and no interview. It stinks...I know. It's reality. You don't have to end up in this worst case scenario. Your union prez said worst case was a staple!? Not even close.

For the junior 2/3 of FAPA, don't let the senior 1/3 blow this for you!

Good luck,
shootr

I think you are generally correct in your statement, however, don't think that WN will win just because they are the highest bidder tomorrow. The judge is REQUIRED to take the highest and BEST bid. This includes what he believes is best for the the employees (read JOBS). WN will probably win, but don't count on us as your furlough fodder just yet.

Yes. FAPA is an unsecured creditor. FAPA is on the unsecured creditors committee. FAPA has a vote, as well as the rest of the unsecured creditors, as to which offer to take. The judge is likely (but not required) to go with the wishes of the UCC and F9 managemet.

there is nothing that would make me happier than for RAH to win this bid unless we get an agreement with FAPA before and not one that is a windfall. define that how you will.

Latest resources

Back