• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 to be pay protected at WN rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wouldn't they carry longevity for pay/vacation and get new seniority numbers at the bottom for bidding and etc.? It seems easy at first glance. Keep your longevity for pay and vacation, then everything else goes to the bottom.

?????

Longevity for vacation is pretty easy. for pay would be harder, there would be no need for pay protection if they carried longevity for pay purposes. a 12 swa fo probably makes more than a 12 year F9 capt if the conversion is correct. but who knows.

instructordude, I love the comic relief that you provide to FI! keep up the good work! :beer:

I'm not sure we're reading this correctly. there are a few ways that a 'pay protection' could go down.

1 - it depends on if FAPA guys bring their current longevity to any combined list for pay/vacation purposes

2 - it depends on how the integration goes, obviously. any type of ratio/feather and they'd see higher rates from day one at SWA pay so pay protection wouldn't be necessary

3 - assume a staple for the sake of this argument. it wouldn't make sense to 'pay protect' them at 12 year SWA captain rates. it would make sense to make sure they make at least the same as they made at F9 prior to A&M. So, there would seem to be some kind of conversion of their hourly rates to our trip rates, and they would maintain that higher rater until they surpass it at normal SWA pay scales.

doesn't seem that tough to figure out. "pay protection" that paid F9 guys 1st year SWA wages wouldn't be pay protection. neither would "pay protection" that paid the well above their current rates. the idea of pay protection is so that no one takes a pay cut in the merger.

thoughts?

Here is my only heart burn with this incessant 'pay protection' argument. There is more to a career than money. I have made more, I do not want to make less, but I could. What I would rather have is a stable career. That being said, seniority is king. Southwest has been a hugely successful company that has been the place to go for a long time. I remember a time about 10 years ago when United was the place to go. That has not worked out so well for a lot of folks. I am not completely convinced that just paying me more and stapling me is better than a seniority integration at Republic that keeps all my fellow pilots, not just 80% of them, and a future that contains growth.

All that said, it is still too early to worry until the auction is over and we have a winner. Until that time, there is not any point to speculating.

Here is my only heart burn with this incessant 'pay protection' argument. There is more to a career than money. I have made more, I do not want to make less, but I could. What I would rather have is a stable career. That being said, seniority is king. Southwest has been a hugely successful company that has been the place to go for a long time. I remember a time about 10 years ago when United was the place to go. That has not worked out so well for a lot of folks. I am not completely convinced that just paying me more and stapling me is better than a seniority integration at Republic that keeps all my fellow pilots, not just 80% of them, and a future that contains growth.

All that said, it is still too early to worry until the auction is over and we have a winner. Until that time, there is not any point to speculating.

SWA has a history of being stable. You know what to expect going with SWA. You really don't know the history with Republic. It will be a gamble if you have the choice. If you get to vote yes or no on the SWA deal I would think the odds are in your favor if you go with SWA. I wish I had the chance to vote for something like that.

There will not be any kind of vote. The f9 pilots are not choosing between RAH and SWA.

The F9 BOD chooses, and they make a recommendation to the UCC.

There will not be any kind of vote. The f9 pilots are not choosing between RAH and SWA.

The F9 BOD chooses, and they make a recommendation to the UCC.

When I say vote I mean voting for what SWA offers them. I would assume that SWAPA members will get the chance to vote on the proposal. Maybe someone from SWAPA can confirm this.

Latest resources

Back