• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 to be pay protected at WN rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
there is nothing that would make me happier than for RAH to win this bid unless we get an agreement with FAPA before and not one that is a windfall. define that how you will.
I agree with you. The last thing any of us wants is a USair situation. I don't have any doubt that FAPA and SWAPA will be able to come to a mutually agreeable solution. 99 percent of the Frontier pilot group are not looking for a windfall or a fat paycheck. Just an end to the last 18 months of bancruptcy.

I am no BK expert, but I wouldn't think that a BK judge gives a %amn about anything exept making investors whole. The employees have given concessions but it seems that other creditors have a bigger stake here.

This is the unfortunate part of the BK process...........employees aren't made nearly as whole as the creditors.

Dude

I think you are generally correct in your statement, however, don't think that WN will win just because they are the highest bidder tomorrow. The judge is REQUIRED to take the highest and BEST bid. This includes what he believes is best for the the employees (read JOBS). WN will probably win, but don't count on us as your furlough fodder just yet.

Uhhh, you're kidding, right? The interests of the employees don't even register a 1.0 on the bankruptcy judge's richter scale. Whichever deal is in the best interest of the "Entity" (read: what's left of the BK airline) and the secured creditors will prevail - period.

Yes. FAPA is an unsecured creditor. FAPA is on the unsecured creditors committee. FAPA has a vote, as well as the rest of the unsecured creditors, as to which offer to take. The judge is likely (but not required) to go with the wishes of the UCC and F9 managemet.

Your naivety is cute. ATA ALPA was a major unsecured creditor during their bankruptcy and we were told by Judge Lorch - point blank - that our interests were so far down the list of his priorities that they were almost irrelevant. We were told this during negotiations for the AirTran deal that would have seen about half the seniority list get furloughed and during the SWA deal that ultimately cost everyone their jobs. F9 management is not in charge of this anymore, either.

Look, I think this whole thing sucks. It's not fun reading and listening to others drooling over what was yours and insinuating that you should be happy with whatever you get after it's taken from you. I wish we had the opportunity to preserve jobs after ATA's trip through bankruptcy, but there was no place to get any traction. SWA wants what you currently have and I would angle toward aligning your interests and theirs.

The F9 CA are not very bright. The were also getting pay protected on PRE-concessionary rates. I guess that extra strip is really worht it. Also F9 FO's welcome to the regionals as an FO for life. You do realize that when a CA seat opens in the Bus any RAH will be able to bid on that seat? Way to go FAPA, you just tossed the winning lottery ticket. The F9 guys didnt want a windfall....right!

If you really sit down and think about what the F9 guys are asking for it makes your head spin. They are acting like they are in the lead on this deal. They are asking for the "windfall" and acting like that is owed to them?

No, they're hoping that they can take this to binding arbitration. That hope, unfortunately, is a fantasy. Binding arbitration is something that DAL/NWA and USAIR/AWA has proven must be avoided at all costs. DAL did it right, AWA did it wrong.

Frontier guys are going to be left holding their heads, explaining to their wives why it seemed like a good idea to give up a SWA career.

Latest resources

Back