• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 to be pay protected at WN rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best of luck F9 boys and gals, I hope it works out better for y'all than it did for ATA personnel.

In Nov I will be a 5 year fo at Frontier. I stopped reading FI days ago and only read the last page. JHC lets have some facts
No one has bought us yet
Republic and SWA have bids in that can greatly change over the next couple of days
What has happened over the last year and a half has no bearing on what happens over the next week. How we got here is of no consequence.
IF SWA buys us it is contingent on FAPA and SWAPA agreeing on an SLI
SWAPA have also stated they want a contract signed before the deal for F9 is finalized
FAPA have held face to face informal talks over the last week or so
Opinion
I believe that SWA is buying us out of weakness as opposed to strength. They couldn't kill us, and they do not want to see Republic grow into a competitor. This is a good thing for the pilots. SWAPA I am sure see this and will use this while negotiating. Southwest could easily turn DIA into BWI but only if they can buy us. That would mean placating both pilot groups.
There is no way the f9 pilots will vote for an sli that staples us and then furloughs us. Say what ever you want but why would we. There are a lot of f9 pilots who would rather go with Republic and see us grow then go with Southwest. For SWA to win they have to convince the board, ucc, and judge their deal is the best for all parties which includes the frontier employees. Republics deal would keep the vast number of frontier employees employed with the opportunity for growth.
Suggestion:
This could be a win win situation for SWA, the swa pilots and the frontier pilots. IF Swa wins lets let SWAPA and FAPA negotiate and remember that every time pilot groups have merged no one has been 100% happy. SWAPA will also be concurrently negotiating a contract for all the SWA pilots.
Lets stop arguing on a public annonymous message board which will have no bearing whatsoever on what happens and allows trolls and others to flame or post inaccurate info.
By the way I live in Denver but my entire family is in the Annapolis Md area.
I am not going to read this thread anymore but will be happy to pm back and forth.

I believe that SWA is buying us out of weakness as opposed to strength. They couldn't kill us, and they do not want to see Republic grow into a competitor. This is a good thing for the pilots. SWAPA I am sure see this and will use this while negotiating. Southwest could easily turn DIA into BWI but only if they can buy us. That would mean placating both pilot groups.

Are kidding me??? Dude, you guys are BANKRUPT!!! F9 pilots should be stapled and greatful. If not, go to Republic!

DOH for all f9 pilots with C and R. If SWA wants Frontier, they should honor the years. Anything else is pure pilot greed and a windfall for SWA pilots at the expense of Frontier pilots.

M

Mohawk Allegeny will require seat protection and relative seniority to each seat. Its federal law.

Wrong...Federal Law (when applicable) only requires the lists be integrated in a "fair and equitable manner". It DOES NOT require seat protection or relative seniority.

Frontier was in bankruptcy and struggling to survive and has payrates significantly lower than Southwest. If you can convince an arbitrator that relative seniority is "fair and equitable" then you should have been a lawyer instead of a pilot.

In Nov I will be a 5 year fo at Frontier. I stopped reading FI days ago and only read the last page. JHC lets have some facts
No one has bought us yet
Republic and SWA have bids in that can greatly change over the next couple of days
What has happened over the last year and a half has no bearing on what happens over the next week. How we got here is of no consequence.
IF SWA buys us it is contingent on FAPA and SWAPA agreeing on an SLI
SWAPA have also stated they want a contract signed before the deal for F9 is finalized
FAPA have held face to face informal talks over the last week or so
Opinion
There is no way the f9 pilots will vote for an sli that staples us and then furloughs us. Say what ever you want but why would we. There are a lot of f9 pilots who would rather go with Republic and see us grow then go with Southwest. For SWA to win they have to convince the board, ucc, and judge their deal is the best for all parties which includes the frontier employees. Republics deal would keep the vast number of frontier employees employed with the opportunity for growth.
Suggestion:
This could be a win win situation for SWA, the swa pilots and the frontier pilots. IF Swa wins lets let SWAPA and FAPA negotiate and remember that every time pilot groups have merged no one has been 100% happy. SWAPA will also be concurrently negotiating a contract for all the SWA pilots.
Lets stop arguing on a public annonymous message board which will have no bearing whatsoever on what happens and allows trolls and others to flame or post inaccurate info.
By the way I live in Denver but my entire family is in the Annapolis Md area.
I am not going to read this thread anymore but will be happy to pm back and forth.

You sound very sincere and I wish you all the best. However, your airline is in Chapter 11 and being sold. Do you really think you should come out of this on top of SWA pilots? You can't be serious. I wish I had the opportunity that you have. Then you also have to consider Lynx. Should they also be included? How come they are not included in your list right now? Oh, they ae opeating as a seperate company, right? F9 will be operated as a seperate company also.

Forget it... I was asked to remove my post stating facts why WN is the better deal... I guess we'll find out soon enough. Cheers

Last edited:
I don't have a bark here but, I think its funny when a "potential" buyout occurs and all of the sudden everyone talks about what their pay is going to be, where I'm going to be on the seniority list, blah blah...and the deal isn't even solidified yet and may not. Like someone else on here said, be thankful your company is even being considered by SWA.

Latest resources

Back