• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 to be pay protected at WN rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A former classmate has told me that the F9 pilots will be pay protected at SWA rates, not their (F9) current rates. He is a SWAPA dude, so I would assume he is all over the details. BTW, I asked him what he makes and he said his first 6 months were 80K and he is a 6 year guy, I think.

What are the F9 folks hearing? It seems to me that would add up pretty quick. I don't know what the F9 pay is now w/ bankruptcy, but it is a sizable raise even on top of their pre-BK pay.

Is Republic going to honor F9's current rates or pre-BK contract rates? I know BB has said that he would honor (funny word coming from him) F9 contract for three years, but what happens after that?

I wish the best for those of you at F9. Hoopefully there is a solution with a reasonable consolation after seeing your company go through this.

I have also heard that F9 guys will have first pick of the best looking, "willing and able", F/As on over nights and the SWA pilot he is flying with is obligated to pay the tab...Awesome!

Good thing my company isn't in the mix..My avatar is the best looking F/A we have.

First off, we really don't know what the Southwest final deal really is, and I have no doubt that whatever Southwest deal is finalized, the vote will pass. I just won't vote for it.

Is it better to fly for Republic? Depends on the deal.

Thanks for the honesty. When and if the vote cimes I am pretty sure you will reconsider. I think you realize that SWA's offer will be the best for you. Good luck.

The SWA/FO is dead on. Our management is not your friend until you are an employee of SWA (and then, sometimes not). They are ruthless and will not give you anything just to be nice. If they can structure the deal to draw down F9 and not hire you guys at all, they will. However, SWA wants labor's blessing (read SWAPA, not FAPA) and SWAPA wants you guys on the list, maybe even with no interview, no type rating, longevity, and pay protection. Good grief...we're trying to help you, and I'll even admit it's with our own personal motivations.

Don't doubt for a minute that SWA is serious and will win this deal. Their upped binding bid should tell you this. You should get RAH out of your mind and figure out how to get SWAPA's protection from SWA. A/M and B/M do not require employment. They only require a fair integration if there is one. You're in chapter 11. Your scope provisions are worthless if the judge says so. You could be bought and drawn down in less than 2 years with no seniority number and no interview. It stinks...I know. It's reality. You don't have to end up in this worst case scenario. Your union prez said worst case was a staple!? Not even close.

For the junior 2/3 of FAPA, don't let the senior 1/3 blow this for you!

Good luck,
shootr

The SWA/FO is dead on. Our management is not your friend until you are an employee of SWA (and then, sometimes not). They are ruthless and will not give you anything just to be nice. If they can structure the deal to draw down F9 and not hire you guys at all, they will. However, SWA wants labor's blessing (read SWAPA, not FAPA) and SWAPA wants you guys on the list, maybe even with no interview, no type rating, longevity, and pay protection. Good grief...we're trying to help you, and I'll even admit it's with our own personal motivations.

Don't doubt for a minute that SWA is serious and will win this deal. Their upped binding bid should tell you this. You should get RAH out of your mind and figure out how to get SWAPA's protection from SWA. A/M and B/M do not require employment. They only require a fair integration if there is one. You're in chapter 11. Your scope provisions are worthless if the judge says so. You could be bought and drawn down in less than 2 years with no seniority number and no interview. It stinks...I know. It's reality. You don't have to end up in this worst case scenario. Your union prez said worst case was a staple!? Not even close.

For the junior 2/3 of FAPA, don't let the senior 1/3 blow this for you!

Good luck,
shootr

That is exactly what I am worried about......the senior guys were pretty quiet for the most part when the Republic deal was the only one on the table.....but now they have come out of the woodwork.

One other thing to think about....there has been alot of ********************slinging going on this board by people who claim to be F9/WN pilots. Anyone can come on this site, make up a profile, and post away. The fact that some "data" from this site is making it to the SWAPA website and getting people rilled up is disturbing. I am furloughed from Frontier and keep in touch with alot of the other furloughees. Everyone that I have spoke with are hoping for the SWA deal to come through yet the expectations are not high.......a seniority number would be great news for most of us.

As an F9 F/O it is hard to know what to think. If ten airplanes go away on day one as SWA says they will, I am on the street on day one. Even that scenario is still contingent on a whole lot of things (promises) that dont have any ink under them yet. Not to mention that by some posts on this board (which as we all know are 100% factual) SWA is already overstaffed. So I'm looking at numerous Christmases before I see that windfall of the SWA payscale promised land. Someone earlier made a great point about how everybody thought that United was stable and the place to be ten years ago. That is a perfect example of the other flavor of Kool-Aid here (Republic). The trick is not getting hired at the peak of an airline's success. It's getting hired ten years prior to that. If Republic is serious about keeping us around and growing us, then maybe (big F-ing maybe, I know) that might be a risk worth taking. When the old guys around here started they weren't paid very well at all, just like some of you contend that we might get paid crap with the Republic deal. But it is all a hedged bet in this game. They brought it from there to here, eventually got decent pay rates, and darn if we almost didn't make it.
With all of that said, I would still very much like to have a career with an airline like Southwest Airlines. If that deal makes itself available, would someone let me know.
On a side note, there don't appear to be any foreign contracts on the Rishworth site with a contract term of "3 years OR until your Bankruptcy Savior calls you home to the promised land..." :)
These are the longest days of my fricking life, lets get it over already.

I hear ya. I just happen to fall within 5 numbers or so of either being safe or on the street however they decide to get the 80%.

I cannot, and will not vote for a deal that puts 20% of my fellow pilots on the street on day one of a new deal. They will not see anything in the way of "pay protection" for many many years.

8% of us are already on the street, and we very much want this deal.

New FAA RULES AND MANNING

Hey guys and gals. I had a long discussion with our SWAPA Safety guy (JG) and he said the new rules for crew rest (12 Hr duty day) will mean all airlines will have to increase manning. At SW we will need 3 reserve raps vs the 2 we have now. We will go from 200 extra pilots to needing extra pilots. He told me to expect the new regs on the street in the next 30 to 45 days. After that the airlines will 180 days to put them into affect.

Latest resources

Back