• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 to be pay protected at WN rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The current bid by WN for F9 is $175m and they only want 40 of the 51 AC that F9 is currently operating. Being that WN is overstaffed and said that they are shrinking their operation this year, it is unlikely that the judge or F9 management will allow WN to take over F9 on these terms. F9 pilots will end up furlough fodder and WN can still say they have never furloughed a WN pilot because it will be 200 F9 pilots that will be getting the axe. Also, many redundant admin staff will lose their jobs do to this. WN is going to have to take ALL the pilots, not just enough to fly 40 aircraft or the judge and/or FAPA will scuttle the deal and we go with RAH. This judge is jobs oriented and not just creditor oriented.

FAPA has more leverage than I believe SWAPA is willing to admit. GK want this deal real bad because WN has failed to compete effectively with F9. I believe they thought they would have us out of business by now. Since WN's product is inferior to F9s, for about the same price, then Kelly feels like it is cheaper to buy the competition than to spend much more money trying to put us out of business over several more years. F9 actually get a small premium over WN on tickets in competing markets. WN is not going to meet it's contractually mandated 5% growth if it does not get F9. WN actually needs F9 worse than F9 needs WN

Having said this I hope that a deal can be worked out with WN if they win the auction. But rest assured fellow animals, FAPA will not accept a staple if it appears that it is to protect current WN pilots from furlough no matter how much money they throw our way to tempt us.

Sounds like you're "ALL IN"; hope you're not drawing dead. Best of luck to all the F9 folks.

krewmeel FAPA has more leverage than I believe SWAPA is willing to admit. GK want this deal real bad because WN has failed to compete effectively with F9. I believe they thought they would have us out of business by now. [B said:
Since WN's product is inferior to F9s[/B], for about the same price, then Kelly feels like it is cheaper to buy the competition than to spend much more money trying to put us out of business over several more years. F9 actually get a small premium over WN on tickets in competing markets. WN is not going to meet it's contractually mandated 5% growth if it does not get F9. WN actually needs F9 worse than F9 needs WN

I admire your pride of ownership and your tenacity about protecting your junior bretheren but what are your alternatives? How would a staple with pay protection and a DEN fence affect the MAJORITY of your pilots? Pay and quality of life wise? vs "integrated" by RAH....Have you seen there pay rates and work rules?

You make the call buddy it's your vote if you have one but think real hard on it before clicking that mouse button.
And you have to be kidding right about how WN needs F9 more then the F9 needs them.....Right?
Regards

I assume you are not for the SWA deal? How about if they intergrated the list and then 20% of the pilots at SWA were out in the street?

You need to remember, you are in Chapter 11, the cours are selling you and that SWA is buying you. You cannot really think that SWA pilots should risk being let go for a while. I would bet that if your union voted on a deal like they say SWA will offer it passes well over 50%.

First off, we really don't know what the Southwest final deal really is, and I have no doubt that whatever Southwest deal is finalized, the vote will pass. I just won't vote for it.

Is it better to fly for Republic? Depends on the deal.

First off, we really don't know what the Southwest final deal really is, and I have no doubt that whatever Southwest deal is finalized, the vote will pass. I just won't vote for it.

Is it better to fly for Republic? Depends on the deal.

You need to get those twins out of your brain and start thinking just a bit!

Southwest DID NOT want the non-union Pilots of Morris Air. It was SWAPA, that told the Company - "we want them all".

SWA said "draw-down, interview as needed for Frontier". SWAPA said "we want them all". SWAPA is FAPAs best advocate in dealing with Southwest's management. If a deal is not worked out, guess what? Plan B, we have 40 spare aircraft and 200 Pilots swiming in our hiring pool, Pilots THAT WANT to be here. Frontier is shutdown overnight. You think Gary is stupid? This is probably the reason we have 40 spare aircraft, so he has another option. He has been waiting for over a year to pull the trigger on this one.

Some of you guys need to pull your head out of your a$$, the Frontier you once knew is gone. You guys have a great opportunity right in front of your face, possible pay protection, base protection, no interview and no type rating. Don't blow it....something like this doesn't come along very often.

I feel bad for the guys in the pool, like I said they want to be here and they might end up having to interview again or behind 650 F9 guys, pissed off cus they have to work weekends.

Don't screw it up.... to the rest of you "welcome to Southwest Airlines!"

Southwest DID NOT want the non-union Pilots of Morris Air. It was SWAPA, that told the Company - "we want them all".

SWA said "draw-down, interview as needed for Frontier". SWAPA said "we want them all". SWAPA is FAPAs best advocate in dealing with Southwest's management. If a deal is not worked out, guess what? Plan B, we have 40 spare aircraft and 200 Pilots swiming in our hiring pool, Pilots THAT WANT to be here. Frontier is shutdown overnight. You think Gary is stupid? This is probably the reason we have 40 spare aircraft, so he has another option. He has been waiting for over a year to pull the trigger on this one.

Some of you guys need to pull your head out of your a$$, the Frontier you once knew is gone. You guys have a great opportunity right in front of your face, possible pay protection, base protection, no interview and no type rating. Don't blow it....something like this doesn't come along very often.

I feel bad for the guys in the pool, like I said they want to be here and they might end up having to interview again or behind 650 F9 guys, pissed off cus they have to work weekends.

True.

FAPA has more leverage than I believe SWAPA is willing to admit. GK want this deal real bad because WN has failed to compete effectively with F9. I believe they thought they would have us out of business by now. Since WN's product is inferior to F9s, for about the same price, then Kelly feels like it is cheaper to buy the competition than to spend much more money trying to put us out of business over several more years.

Just giving you a heads up that we are required by Federal Law to Drug Test all applicants. :rolleyes:

I might have said it more nicely, but it's essentially true. We know our management all too well. SWA is trying to play nice and treat FAPA somewhat like family for now, but that may well end as soon as they get in SWA's way.

Last edited:
the SWA/FO doesn't candy-coat things.

Latest resources

Back