• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 pilots and RAH pilots plz

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a furloughed guy, I feel great about FAPAs decision to proceed with RAH.

I think the WN deal was a mind F$%k to destroy the RAH bid by having them overbid and run out of cash early in the future.

Guys,

Tanker Clown is a SWA dude who likes to stir things up for his own amusement.

Just laugh and don't let him spin you up!!!

As a furloughed guy, I feel great about FAPAs decision to proceed with RAH.

I think the WN deal was a mind F$%k to destroy the RAH bid by having them overbid and run out of cash early in the future.

Cornelius, I absolutely felt sure SWA would have bid something as a head fake to make sure Frontier did'nt go too cheap. I guess in the final analysis that is exactly what happened...

T

BONE HEAD! SWA was only going to take 80% of our fleet. What cave have you been in the last several days??? That's 11 AC gone as soon as the deal is sealed! Over the next 12-24 months they would disolve the rest of the fleet. You really so damn naive to think SWA would recall us all? Your airline, while still a powerhouse and a great place to work, is on the decline. I'm glad your career is safe there, for now. Things have changed and will continue to do so. I don't believe for a second your pilot group would sacrifice to save all of our jobs. You guys are overstaffed and tryng to save furloughs within your own group...an that's the right thing to do. That's fact and that's my point. Just another negative prick making the SWA pilots look bad.
What is so funny is you are arguing with one of your guys, which I think will happen more as the "details" you have been hidden from come to light. SO sad to hear you say "what little details" we've heard. Our union was very open with us, and tried to be with FAPA. Latest communication we are receiving is that FAPA didn't make half the effort our guys did to meet the deadline. It really seems that FAPA wanted no part of it from the start. That is totally fine. You say we had more to lose? I don't think so at all. In fact I am happy that it failed. Judging the character of your unions proposal shows they didn't want to be here. I have yet to meet anyone employed at SWA who wishes he/she worked somewhere else or was not happy with there current employment. SWA employees want to be here. We do not want potential employees that would rather work somewhere else. It is bad for our culture. Our union did what they felt was best for our pilot group, as did or CEO!! FAPA feels they did the same for you. That's great and its over. Look, were not flying around thinking "damn I,m so pissed we didn't get FRONTIER". It's more likely we feel, "oh well, it wasn't meant to be". PERIOD. Thanks for my furlough notice by the way too. I don't wish anything like that on anyone, been there twice! And thanks for telling us the end is near for SWA.. No carrier is immune from Ch7 at all! Simple third grade math wouldn't prove anything your touting. Good luck to us all ...

Last edited:
What is so funny is you are arguing with one of your guys, which I think will happen more as the "details" you have been hidden from come to light. SO sad to hear you say "what little details" we've heard. Our union was very open with us, and tried to be with FAPA. Latest communication we are receiving is that FAPA didn't make half the effort our guys did to meet the deadline. It really seems that FAPA wanted no part of it from the start. That is totally fine. You say we had more to lose? I don't think so at all. In fact I am happy that it failed. Judging the character of your unions proposal shows they didn't want to be here. I have yet to meet anyone employed at SWA who wishes he/she worked somewhere else or was not happy with there current employment. SWA employees want to be here. We do not want potential employees that would rather work somewhere else. It is bad for our culture. Our union did what they felt was best for our pilot group, as did or CEO!! FAPA feels they did the same for you. That's great and its over. Look, were not flying around thinking "damn I,m so pissed we didn't get FRONTIER". It's more likely we feel, "oh well, it wasn't meant to be". PERIOD. Thanks for my furlough notice by the way too. I don't wish anything like that on anyone, been there twice! And thanks for telling us the end is near for SWA.. No carrier is immune from Ch7 at all! Simple third grade math wouldn't prove anything your touting. Good luck to us all ...
I am not sure that any more talking with SWAPA was really necessary. A straight staple was not acceptable to us.(right or wrong) and SWAPA made it clear that they were only interested in negotiating other things after we agreed to the straight staple. Talking till midnight was not going to change that. As for who did or didnt call the other one back...we're all adults, and we will get over it.

What union needs to make the bottom half feel better about their descision? Ill give you a hint it isnt SWAPA.

I am not sure that any more talking with SWAPA was really necessary. A straight staple was not acceptable to us.(right or wrong) and SWAPA made it clear that they were only interested in negotiating other things after we agreed to the straight staple. Talking till midnight was not going to change that. As for who did or didnt call the other one back...we're all adults, and we will get over it.

A "straight staple" is not even close to describing the SWAPA initial position. Pay and domicile protection and recall rights for 100% of the FAPA seniority list were valuable components.

Why in the hell are you guys still debating this? It's over!!! Go get laid or something. It is very embarrassing seeing the SWAPA dudes over practically begging for time to be reversed and the outcome different. Go fly or something, DAM!!!

"You ever heard of a "Japanese Inspection?" Japanese Inpsection, you see, when the Japs take in a load of lettuce they're not sure they wanna let in the country, why they'll just let it sit there on the dock 'til they get good and ready to look at, But then of course, it's all gone rotten... ain't nothing left to inspect. You see, lettuce is a perishable item... "

Okay, this is killing me. What movie is that from? I cannot remember for the life of me.

Latest resources

Back