• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 Pilot Arrested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you picture the World Trade Center, Pentagon or UAL 93's smoking hole?
How about the several thousand people that were killed? If that fails your simple mind recall test, what about the "murderer's" cutting peoples throats and breaching your cockpit door?

Yeah, we are not talking about 9/11... we are talking about a murderer sitting next to you with a gun.

SWA/FO said:
Yeah, we are not talking about 9/11... we are talking about a murderer sitting next to you with a gun.

I understand that. I also understand that in this country you are innocent until proven guilty. I also am aware that there is an extensive background and psychological testing done to get through the FFDO program.

The crux of my reply is based on the above sentiments as well as the need for armed individuals on the airplane to prevent the scenarios I listed. Let's see how the F9 pilots case goes before he gets crucified. Not to mention letting people take a cheap shot at a very worthy program. The guy who made the remark doesn't even know if he was an ffdo or not.

Last edited:
JP4user said:
How about the several thousand people that were killed? If that fails your simple mind recall test, what about the "murderer's" cutting peoples throats and breaching your cockpit door?

I think you are not only getting carried away, but you are also talking about 2 different things...
I never showed any disrespect about what happen on 9/11. I was just stating that i am not convinced about the FAM and FFDO program in place.

ThreeGreens said:
I think you are not only getting carried away, but you are also talking about 2 different things...
I never showed any disrespect about what happen on 9/11. I was just stating that i am not convinced about the FAM and FFDO program in place.

I am not getting carried away but you were taking an opportunity to take a cheap shot at a very worthy program.

I didn't think you showed any disrespect about 9-11 either. Your second sentenance about not being convinced validated what I wrote in the first place. Next time your are not "convinced" about the ffdo or fam program, just think about those references to 9-11.

If it were humanly possible to talk to those pilots of the 4 airplanes, you think they would not be "convinced" about the ffdo or fam program? If you or your family was in the back of those airplanes being taken over by foul smelling religious fanatics intent on killing you and thousands of others would you be convinced then? Just a little?

Last edited:
JP4user said:
Yea, I always thought flimsy and open cockpit doors on airliners was an attractive nuisance waiting to happen, but for some ungodly reason it took something as big 9/11 to wake people up to the risk.

PSA Flight 1771 Terminated employee dooms 44 in California after breaching cockpit and killing the pilots.

FedEx Flight 705 Soon to be terminated employee attacks flight crew in a suicide attempt to crash a jumbo jet into FDX corporate headquarters.

Delta Flight 523 Samuel Byck kills two pilots and a policeman in hijacking attempt, Byck desired to crash the airliner into the White House.

FN FAL said:
Yea, I always thought flimsy and open cockpit doors on airliners was an attractive nuisance waiting to happen, but for some ungodly reason it took something as big 9/11 to wake people up to the risk.

I agree with you about the doors and the lax response in the past. Very typical though of the foot dragging of the government bureacracy.

I didn't know about the Delta incident. Thanks for the reference.

Last edited:
JP4User.

The problem i have with the FFDO program is that you have 2 different type of guys that enroll. 1) The one that truly believe they can make a difference and take it very seriously (i have a lot of respect for these people). 2) The gun happy type with the NRA sticker on the crew bag, that are in for the benefits (and these type of guys are to me more of a threat than improving safety).

As far as the FAM program, the current procedures in place to my opinion jeopardize safety more than it enhance it. I do not like guns in the cabin.

The biggest improvement to my opinion was the reinforced cockpit door. Keep that one shut as much as you can, and if anyting happens, land asap.

ThreeGreens said:
JP4User.

The problem i have with the FFDO program is that you have 2 different type of guys that enroll. 1) The one that truly believe they can make a difference and take it very seriously (i have a lot of respect for these people). 2) The gun happy type with the NRA sticker on the crew bag, that are in for the benefits (and these type of guys are to me more of a threat than improving safety).

As far as the FAM program, the current procedures in place to my opinion jeopardize safety more than it enhance it. I do not like guns in the cabin.

The biggest improvement to my opinion was the reinforced cockpit door. Keep that one shut as much as you can, and if anyting happens, land asap.

Fair enough.....but in the end both the fam & ffdo programs are better than nothing and 9-11 proved it. You may not like guns in the cabin, but I don't like the idea of carrying religious fanatics who are not truly and thouroughly profiled (in the name of political correctness) even less.

The door is an added bonus but not an end all cure to those who are intent to kill and destroy our way of life.

ThreeGreens said:
True believers and gun happy NRA guys with benefits? Are you out of your bloody mind?

ThreeGreens said:
Actually i do, but not as much as the FAM one. But unfortunately i cannot discuss that on this message board.
I just can't picture flying in such a small environment, next to a murderer carrying a gun.... "are you talkin to me ?".

How do you know if he's guilty or not? Give it (and him) the same benefit of doubt the courts will. He deserves that until he's proven guilty or innocent.

Latest resources

Back