F9 getting 40mill by RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. YOU took A job there
2.-TPG found an airline with people that were willing to work for less than their current employees
3.-Way too blame it on MW mang. yes they suck, but you guys cut the pilots
4.-congrats, flying roughly same planes for half the price.
5.Lets me take a guess, "at least we have a job, we'll fight for our wages after its said and done".
6.Hope MW grows to bring back the furloughs, but we need to keep our flying with MW so we don't furlough anymore. This was said to me from one of your stellar pilots.

Nice avatar. To that we agree. Probably not much between the ears there. But we digress....

1. I took a job here. No one asked me how I felt about flying for Midwest before it showed up on my schedule.

2. Yeah we are (ALOT)cheaper. That's a problem, but its also a known fact.

3. TPG is just the pockets($) of the operation. When they make a gentlemen's agreement(717 leases) with Boeing and then reneg. It does screw over the great employees of Midwest.

4. I'd rather be flying at Midwest(with their current payscale) than at RAH. No congratulations needed.

5. It's a job, not a career (at RAH). I'll be gone as soon as a door opens.

6. Unfortunately I don't think Midwest will grow. They just gave up on their E170 program after Typing a few guys. Again I blame this on MEH mgmt, they have never been good at picking the right airplane for the mission.

Good luck to you and the Midwest pilots.

5. It's a job, not a career (at RAH). I'll be gone as soon as a door opens.

Very serious question:

You leave, getting a better job. Another carrier comes in because the "deep pockets" make an impersonal yet rational business decision, and your new job is in jeopardy.

What do you do?

Very serious question:

You leave, getting a better job. Another carrier comes in because the "deep pockets" make an impersonal yet rational business decision, and your new job is in jeopardy.

What do you do?

Raise a big stink on Flightinfo.com to a bunch of "internet intellectuals"

But seriously...
That's the name of the game, I'm wiling to take that chance. This (RAH) isn't what the final goal for me is. Its all about risk management just like everything else.

Maybe if you voted no on your wages you could say we are not screwing anyone intentionally, but if you voted yes then I believe the Midwest guys can say very loudly "RAH pilots have screwed me".

I didn't vote on anything, I've only been here a year and 3 months.

The company belongs to the shareholder, you on the other hand are the help, there is no "our investment" unless you hold stock.
PBR

Symantics. Don't be a retard, you know what I meant. I don't expect to get anything handed to me from the company except my paycheck every two weeks. Unfortunately, every worker feels they are owed a board member's bonus and benefits, and THAT is what's wrong with America. I've got a name for the new generation of citizen, they are all now known as the "Entitlement Generation."

"Entitlement Generation."

That ties into what I asked the other fella.

If you accept a job, on the premise of stability, great product, fantastic future, a retirement....

And someone comes in and jettisons you to the street? Will you truly have the stiff upper lip, aww it's just business attitude?

I truly doubt it. Entitlement is an easy moniker to hang on someone else, while the teeth are on the other end.

What happens when you're hamstrung by a starry-eyed kid that just adores the fact he's making 20 (TWENTY) thousand a year to do your job?

It will happen. I promise. It is a bed you've made, and I want to know your thoughts when you're lying in it.

If you accept a job, on the premise of stability, great product, fantastic future, a retirement....

And someone comes in and jettisons you to the street? Will you truly have the stiff upper lip, aww it's just business attitude?

I truly doubt it. Entitlement is an easy moniker to hang on someone else, while the teeth are on the other end.

What happens when you're hamstrung by a starry-eyed kid that just adores the fact he's making 20 (TWENTY) thousand a year to do your job?

It will happen. I promise. It is a bed you've made, and I want to know your thoughts when you're lying in it.

I can understand the disappointment of some of the pilots, but what I was referring to was how people expect spectacular bennies like boardmembers of a company. This point that I was making came about from an earlier poster, uhmmm PBRStreetgang. He was pointing out that I referred to "our investment" and trying to prove that I am not a boardmember so it really isn't my company. This is true but I then stated that the "our" that I used was a general term to describe the company that I work at. I then said that I don't expect anything more than a paycheck... blah blah blah. Clear as mud? Ok, I'm dizzy now. :puke:

The Majority of the idiots who post on this board are the most self center, egoticical,

RAH should go out of business this year!

They are just a Scab airline looking to take advantage of others. when they are vulnerable.

Your RAH spokesman , McNugget, has stated his career goal of being a Scab.

I'd rather be unemployeed than be a Republic Scab.
I have worked at RAH for almost 6 years. In that Time, I have not crossed any picket line, Nor would I ever. Just because your company does not know how to run itself does not make RAH a scab airline. It is what it is. Business between two companies. No pilot from either airline had anything to do with that. End of Story.

You want to blame something or someone, then blame the idiots in congress who deregulated the airlines. ;)

You made the choice to work work where you are, if your not happy Then get out!

That was a really good point, in 1993. Or in 1978. Either way, the DL bubbas made this bed for us with RJs, and the DL, UA, US guys practically speaking, cemented it with their abandonment of scope language in the mid 2000s. The AA and US guys didn't do the regional guys any favors with their contractual language (which shafted their wholly-owned airlines, rather than finding common ground with those pilots groups for mutual benefit.)

So, I guess the point I'm making is that this fight has been (barely) fought and lost, a long time ago.

The mainline pilot groups should have been fighting for brand seniority lists, scope language, and minimum contract language a long time ago, but didn't. Why not? Shortsightedness, ego-centrism, and a classic superiority complex are primarily to blame.

So, blaming the other guy isn't very helpful. And, if you haven't noticed, our (the Pilots') union isn't exactly going out of its way to help the junior pilot (Age 65) but rather, is continuing to kow-tow to the senior pilots, even those not affliated with ALPA (see also, TWA) to continue to pursue short-sighted, ego-centric goals, based primarily on the belief that people who fly 737s for a living are intrinsically better than those in a 1900.

Now, while I understand the stress and heartbreak of someone about to lose his job (I've been there, twice) asking someone to all of sudden find religion and dive on his sword, is somewhat disingenious.

Latest resources

Back