• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 3 Qtr. loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard no free tv. JB did the free tv thing, Collins said they reget it. In RCGS he said it took away something F9 can give for free (for very little cost to the airline) when there are delays.

Very good point, after a while the novelty will wear off and it won't be such a great way to attract people as they would just expect it.

Please explain how the snow storms could have lost the company so much money. The 100,000 people were flying on F9 in the first place. So it was from or to Denver for the majority. Since Denver was closed, no other airline could have taken the customer to or from Denver. Where did the revenue go?? Millions of $$ worth of cancelled tickets... Don't think so. There are deeper problems at F9, masked by the storm. It's called getting the squeeze out by UAL & WN. There is no need for F9 in Denver any longer... So please quit pretending nothing is wrong with the business model.

Porch
Let's try this for the loss of revenue. First all of the deicing fluid that was used, then there were the crews that were displaced (hotels costs), crew costs ie overtime, double pay, sick calls, no-shows, aircraft costs (if you were in RCGS then you know what I am talking about). Then the cost of putting pax in hotels, bad will , good will. All the pax that were to be rebooked, dead heading crews, ect ect ect. So, yes there are costs that are assosiated with the storm. Could we have done better? YES Are we on the brink of going way NO! 200Million+ in the bank, we can loose money for a while but revenue does need to improve. That is what the GO should be working on.

Please explain how the snow storms could have lost the company so much money. The 100,000 people were flying on F9 in the first place. So it was from or to Denver for the majority. Since Denver was closed, no other airline could have taken the customer to or from Denver. Where did the revenue go?? Millions of $$ worth of cancelled tickets... Don't think so. There are deeper problems at F9, masked by the storm. It's called getting the squeeze out by UAL & WN. There is no need for F9 in Denver any longer... So please quit pretending nothing is wrong with the business model.

Just one paragraph; only 11 sentences...

... I'm still having trouble separating stupidity and incompetence in this post.

It would be so nice for an airline to just take a break for, say 2 days, not fly a single route, and, remarkably not loose a cent. That would be a world worth praying for.

Porch, no offense--what am I saying--you dimwit! Even if not a single pax canceled, not one was put up in a hotel, nor one meal voucher dispensed, it is blatantly obvious to the most mediocre of economists that losses are to be incurred--even then!

Crews are payed to sit on the ground and scratch themselves (kinda like MLB), gates have to be payed for (even when not used), office lease, bills, etc...
Then comes my favorite time (having worked the ticket counter): re-booking pax from FLL to SNA and sending them on their marry little way to AWA/USAir. I know, WX is not our fault, but, you can't feed pax the same line for 2 days. Eventually they will demand to be transfered to another carrier. Leaves the DEN occupants SOL, but the others have to go and will not wait till old man winter gets his in some far-away land of Colorado.

As far as the model, I beg you, come up with a better one and start your own carrier.

I realize that you are entitled to you opinion, but the truth remains, it's a rather uneducated one.

NOW YOU KNOW, AND KNOWING IS HALF OF THE BATTLE!

I know you want everyone to post on this thread how sorry they are. They won't. They will just do what they always do--Make as witty a post as they can or avoid the thread. Anyone who doesn't proclaim their heartfelt apologies is not necessarily bragging or feeling good about good people getting hurt.

Some of us are able to look at this dispassionately and trade cold hearted analysis and opinion. Just 'cause you proclaim this to be an emotionally needy thread doesn't make it so.

Quit being a professional "Offended" artist.

Quit being a douc**bag and we will be even.

That's why I was asken Einstein... Don't get your panties in a knot and start name calling, grow up... you 2500 hour wonder baby you

When I was working there during the blizzard of 2003, I stayed at the airport for about 3 days straight and got paid for nearly all of it even though I was not working at some points.

Employees couldn't leave because fresh employees couldn't get in to the airport. Can't turn your back on the company so you just stay and do what you can. They even got hotel rooms so employees could get some sleep when they wanted it. I got a ton of overtime that week and thought the company took care of the employees really well.

Multiply that times a few thousand and that is part of where your costs go during a blizzard.

That's why I was asken Einstein... Don't get your panties in a knot and start name calling, grow up... you 2500 hour wonder baby you

I'm glad to see that you skin is as thick as your hair...

You must be one of those pilots who were born with 9000 hours. From my experience, limited as it may appear, flight hours don't dictate common sense, nor do they signify presence of intellect.

You might consider re-reading your previous post, just in case your memory is fading. Your were not just ASKEN, "F9 is no longer needed in DEN?" Why don't you just go down to A and start yelling at the passengers, telling them not to fly Frontier? You got guys worried about their future here, and then you go and throw in your .02.

I will withdraw the "nitwit" remark, everything else is well deserved.

???

What are you talkin about? Some goofy tangent, and want to argue. Go argue with your boyfriend

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back