• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 3 Qtr. loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sooner or later SW.....you will get yours - it is what it is. When it does don't come to me for support.

If you wish the demise of an airline.......then you wish the furloughing of pilots never to be recalled. How can you defend that? I understand business is business but do you have to sit back and take pride that you had a major role in this?

I know you want everyone to post on this thread how sorry they are. They won't. They will just do what they always do--Make as witty a post as they can or avoid the thread. Anyone who doesn't proclaim their heartfelt apologies is not necessarily bragging or feeling good about good people getting hurt.

Some of us are able to look at this dispassionately and trade cold hearted analysis and opinion. Just 'cause you proclaim this to be an emotionally needy thread doesn't make it so.

Quit being a professional "Offended" artist.

Last edited:
Very disapointing quarter, but not surprising. The company still has over $200 million unrestricted, but .39 per share losses can't continue. I believe the TA will pass, and after reading the following quote from our president I would be amazed if I am wearing the same uniform by the end of 2007.

""We are interested in having discussions with particular code-share partners," Potter said. "At the same time the overhang of potential consolidation in the industry leads us into other options."

They will either put out another cautionary earnings expectation to drive the stock price lower in an effort to get purchased, or they will merge with another LCC (Virgin America, JB, Spirit). Either way I am not very optimistic. The airline in its current state can't survive with DIA as its only hub. The airtran deal helps a little, the q's will help a little, but swa is just going to get bigger. Consolidation with another LCC that doesn't overlap our route structure could build a sustainable airline. Who knows, we will see eventually.

Keep your head up F9, summer is coming and people still have to go all the way over to C to ride on the brown toilet trout.

Now that all the planes have the TVs is there any talk of not charging for it anymore? I remember a few years ago the plan was to charge only because it wasn't available on every plane. Free TV would be a huge attraction I would think, maybe just charging for the headphones would be better?

Hang in there F9. My company is doing its part to keep you going. TC

Last edited:
The storm hurt us in a quarter we would have come close to a break even point.

And for Southwest, IMHO, they are the ones setting the current fares across the country. As their fuel hedge percentage continues to decrease and they raise their fares, it can only help F9.

Just my .02 from a lowly line pilot (but hey, we are a major now, we can finally be in this board instead of the nationals :D ).

Why is everything our fault? We only serve a handfull of routes out of Denver.

Why don't you place blame where it's due. Jeff Potter. He's no Sam Adams. Sam cared about the employees and the company.

I love F9 and wish nothing but the best for you guys but look elsewhere for the scapegoat.

Gup

Buff: Great photography! My favorite is the night shot of A Concourse. (How'd you do that? I've never had a mixed-light-source shot come out with blue lights. Nahh nevermind -- keep your secret.)

After I'm done with this post I'm heading out to the backyard to smash my Digital Rebel. I'll never match your excellence. Keep up the good work!

Keep your head up F9, summer is coming and people still have to go all the way over to C to ride on the brown toilet trout.

Now that all the planes have the TVs is there any talk of not charging for it anymore? I remember a few years ago the plan was to charge only because it wasn't available on every plane. Free TV would be a huge attraction I would think, maybe just charging for the headphones would be better?

I heard no free tv. JB did the free tv thing, Collins said they reget it. In RCGS he said it took away something F9 can give for free (for very little cost to the airline) when there are delays.

Hang tough, Frontier people. Stormy WX happens, but you are a mighty fine airline. Summer's coming and I hope you haul lots of passengers and make enough greenbacks to keep F9 running hard.

Buff: Great photography! My favorite is the night shot of A Concourse. (How'd you do that? I've never had a mixed-light-source shot come out with blue lights. Nahh nevermind -- keep your secret.)

After I'm done with this post I'm heading out to the backyard to smash my Digital Rebel. I'll never match your excellence. Keep up the good work!

My secret... I'll just say one word, actually two, White Balance.

The lightint at DIA is very annoying as the city uses the cheap bulbs instead of natural lighting. I deal though.

As for smashing your Digital Rebel, don't do it... That is what I use.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back