F D X v. S W A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hoya saxa said:
Say again? Couldn't quite hear you with the silk scarf hanging out of your man-pleaser. Now that's how one banters young ingenue. Welcome to Purple, btw.
Good to be aboard skipper

Purpled said:
Just remember, her life is in your hands!
Mr. Lebowski asked me to repeat this....Her life is in your hands, Dude.

Good to hear you're a fan!

I mean, what else are we going to do on this thread while we all wait for Quiet Flight's decision...............?

I do agree that it's completely ridiculous that we use the words "sortie" and "theater of operations" routinely at FedEX.

Some of the people I work with failed to get the memo that YOU AIN'T IN THE MILITARY ANYMORE.

Though my buds at Southwest have mentioned that there are more than a few of the unpleasant "Colonel" types floating around there too...

Guess no place is perfect!

Let us all know what you decide, and for godsakes, don't base ANY of your decision on this thread!

Last edited:
nobody ever answered my question about NOVA real estate market? is there a link on here for realtors??? help im lost in cyber space and in the wrong theatre of operations , i think

propjob27 said:
Babylon said it right.

Bottom line is, you will DEFINATELY make more money at FedEX, and you will make more money for flying LESS. When compared to the pax industry, FedEX pilots absolutely spend less time strapped to the seat.

Pilots are so full of contradictions. On the one hand, you don't want "your" flying to go to someone else. On the other hand, you always try to find ways to get paid more for doing less work. And then you wonder why management wants to farm out the work to others.

You can't have it both ways. You want big bucks, then expect to work hard. That's part of the reason airline careers historically paid so well: the ********************ty working conditions. But if you are now trying to change the working conditions, then what justification is there for the big bucks? And don't spout off that crap about "my responsibilty" and "what if something goes wrong?". In either case you have a vested interest in the outcome, so don't act like you would do something different if you weren't getting paid.

For myself, I have never minded putting in a hard day's work. What I mind is when someone has the expectation that I should not be paid for the work I do.

propjob27 said:
I do agree that it's completely ridiculous that we use the words "sortie" and "theater of operations" routinely at FedEX.

Some of the people I work with failed to get the memo that YOU AIN'T IN THE MILITARY ANYMORE.

Though my buds at Southwest have mentioned that there are more than a few of the unpleasant "Colonel" types floating around there too...

Guess no place is perfect!

Let us all know what you decide, and for godsakes, don't base ANY of your decision on this thread!

I'm military and FX. Guess what guys? Prop is "spot on". "Shack" about the mil lingo thing. When I'm reading my FCIF with "theater" info as I do my "WANTS" check and preparing to "step to the jet" for my "sortie" with "the colonel" I just shake my head. It's ridiculous really.

Prop's right - "you're hanging on too tight, you've lost the edge". All too often I feel like I'm living in that Val Kilmer/Will Ferrell Saturday Night Live skit. Let it go.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back