• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F D X v. S W A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're really in this situation, you'll get a lot of good advice here.

If you're just bored, then do a search on all of the other threads with this topic and save us the pain of reading the same comments over and over and over again.

Your call.

Quiet Flight said:
I'm in it. The situation that is.

Can't help you, but Wow! That's awesome, my two first choices. That's tough. All my friends that work at SWA love it. All my friends that work at FeEx love it. One of my friends that works at FedEx knows a guy who left to go to SWA and hated it. It's really about what works for your life and what you want to be doing 5, 10, 20 years from now. I personally like both companies. Good luck!

Hmmm, good predicament to be in...my 2 cents.

What do Branniff, Eastern, TWA, Pan AM, Northwest, UAL, USAir and Southwest have in common? The all cater to passengers.

What do UPS and FEDEX have in common...they don't.

Southwest is a big boy on the block now and no longer has that unique niche that only they fly. Lot's of imitators copying their model and more to come (Virgin, Ryan America, who knows). Plus, once the fuel hedges run out.....

You can probably figure out which way I would steer you, but you have your own life factors/family that you need to weigh to make the right decision for you. Good Luck

IMO, I think it's a no brainer....FedEx

Although, if you just cannot stand the thought of flying at night, obviously SWA. If not dealing with passengers appeals to you (TRUST me, it is soooooooooo nice not dealing with them), obviously FedEx. I think they are both good companies though at this point in time, obviously that can all change in the future. Plus, one more thing, if you go to FedEx, you don't ever have to deal with SWA/FO.....he he ;)

A lot of things to consider.....good luck!

Man, this is the ultimate tough one. What's your deal? Married/kids, commuter/gonna move to the job, etc.

In the end, I don't think you'll find too many folks from either company wishing they were at the other instead; but they all would say that the other is just a good a choice if it works for you. They'd probably be working there instead if they had called first.

In the short to medium term, Fedex would probably be your best bet financially/stability wise, but that is only good for a couple of years, if that.
For the most part, life will be happier and easier at SWA over the same time frame, which has value as well.

If you're asking that question, then one of 2 things apply to you: 1.) You already know which one you're going to take and you just made this post to gloat. OR 2.) You really didn't do your research prior to figure out which one is the better fit.

In either case, if you're that wishy-washy, go to Southwest. Make room for my buds who know what they want to do with their lives and have had the singular goal of getting hired at FedEx for years.

Latest resources

Back