F/As?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BengalsFan

My fiance has decided that she wants to become a fractional F/A. I did some searching online, and the only 2 companies that are hiring are NJI and NJA. She has a few years of customer service experience, as well as performance experience (basically like the rockettes), but hey both state extreme requirements (ie. culinary school, worked in 5 star locations, etc.). 2 questions:

1. Does CS, Flex or Flight Ops have F/As... and if so, what are their qualification requirements?

2. Are these requirements really set in stone, or will she have some potential with her background?

I also work with a guy in my reserve squadron, whose wife is a F/A for NJI... will working this connection help, or does my fiance need to go work at a Hilton for 2 years to meet requirements?

Thanks for the help folks.

Oh and I tried the F/A forum, but all they want to do is b!tch about the majors. No responses to my question.

Probably NJ would be her best bet. We do not have FA's at CS. I heard NJ pays their FA's pretty good too. Have her throw in a resume and see what happens, the worst that can happen is for them to say no. Are their any corporate flight departments near where you live that may be looking? Try the corporate section on this board. Good luck, Bogie

Unfortunatley for NJA, they are severely overstaffed right now from everything i have heard. They had a new hire class in early march with about 8 girls. I think all had been F/As previously except one who's mother is at the company.

I've heard the same as SAEflyer...NJA is overstaffed on FA's. Only the Falcon/EZ and BBJ have FA's, and I don't think there are tons of deliveries for those anytime soon.

In terms of qualifications, I was chatting with one of the F/A recruiters at NJA and she told me that they like to see candidates with some culinary background. She told that even if it is nothing more than a short community-college course on cooking, that helped a candidate's chances of getting an interview quite a bit.

Hear something like NJA got 3000 apps for the 15 positions they filled earlier in the year. So send it in and good luck.

All of the ones I fly with act like its the dream job for FA's. Not sure what the pay is, but i think they have a new contract.

The big difference between FAs at NJI and NJA (the "I" side vs the "A" side as the "I" guys call it)
is that NJA FAs are union and NJI are not.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back